The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Female Supra Owner!

Guest Luder

Hi All!

Finally bought myself a nice Supra after a good long while of looking and trying to find the right one! Can't wait for it to be registered as it has just been imported from Japan! It is a 1995 RZ TT 61,000 miles with nice mods and a BPU upgrade and others. Previously owned cars have been Honda Prelude, Subaru Impreza WRX and most recently a Nissan Skyline R33 GTST with 380 BHP.

For Insurance I am with Aviva incase there are any looking for a new quote as I pay £460 Fully Comp, 1 years NCB, give em a try you may get a great deal, leaves more money for the car!!

I am 26, female and I live up in Scotland so as soon as I get the Supe I will be undersealing it myself and giving plenty of love through maintenance and polishing - great to be back on the road and look forward to chatting to you all :)

BTW its Manual 6 speed :D

Piccys:

101_32_big.jpeg

101_27_big.jpeg

101_23_big.jpeg

101_47_big.jpeg

101_33_big.jpeg

Amy

Edited by Luder (see edit history)

Ty :) will deffo come to some meets as I was involved in the Skyline meets in Aberdeen and had a good laugh! :)

HateEvent, Im up in Fraserburgh :) How about you?!

Ty for the comments :D

Looks lovely. Just a quick word of warning though, that insurance quote with only 1 years NCB sounds very suspect. Check your documentation thoroughly to be sure that they have the correct model of supra and that you have in fact chosen import rather than UK spec. It happens all the time so it's best to be safe rather than sorry.

Welcome aboard though :)

Welcome,

I just tried Aviva and they wont quote for an import, only the uk spec listed, i'd be checking your insurance very closely

They do list imports in the drop down box but will only give you a quote if you choose the uk spec model !

Try LWIB, im with them and get very good service and a great price, they insure supras

and understand the differances, they also do agreed value policy on imports :)

http://www.lwib.co.uk

The quote Aviva gave me for a uk car which i have was over £70 more than i pay

with LWIB and that wasn't including the points on my license

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

I did mine over the phone, but I will phone again to check again lol ;)

HateEvent: I will definatly be coming to some meets, good to hear you guys are so active.

Okay some more pics for you :)

Skyline R33 GTST - at Skyline owners meet in ABZ (rear pic)

6020543175a7118566876l.jpg

6020543175a7118566364l.jpg

Scoob on sale day:

6020543175a7118513582l.jpg

Honda Prelude (Crappy Phone Pic)

6020543175a7118466201l.jpg

Vauxhall Corsa - (1st car, I modded it from Standard, With Astra head and corsa block, multipoint injection added, massive ICE setup won a sound off and pics were in a scottish car mag) :D

6020543175a7118430336l.jpg

Hey Alex,

Ty :) Lots of good advice on here, I was browsing the forum before and got loads of info on here, best place I have seen !!

Will check out the meet dates and see if I am home from offshore :D

Where do you guys recommend getting some headlights for my Supe as the JDM ones are needing a refresh!

Welcome to the club.

That's a large tail on that Corsa! Looks like you did it to a high standard so good on you.

As for the headlights, you could try one of the breakers on here (e.g. keron) for some glass UK-spec ones, or try refurbishing the plastic JDMs yourself (involves baking in an oven and using a cutting compund IIRC).

Edited by stevie_b (see edit history)

Looks lovely. Just a quick word of warning though, that insurance quote with only 1 years NCB sounds very suspect. Check your documentation thoroughly to be sure that they have the correct model of supra and that you have in fact chosen import rather than UK spec. It happens all the time so it's best to be safe rather than sorry.

Welcome aboard though :)

26, 1 years NCB all mods declaired BPU wheels etc 460..... no chance :D

oh and welcome

Okay so I called Aviva again, because they couldnt quote over the internet on Jap imports (they only do some apparently, but only if you call) the quote went up a bit, but I'm still not complaining, all mods declared and approx value - 26, 1 yr NCB for £643 :D

Still very happy as my Skyline was over £1300 !

Hope you guys try em as I couldn't find a better quote anywhere!

P.S thanks for the welcomes and advice! :D

Okay so I called Aviva again, because they couldnt quote over the internet on Jap imports (they only do some apparently, but only if you call) the quote went up a bit, but I'm still not complaining, all mods declared and approx value - 26, 1 yr NCB for £643 :D

Still very happy as my Skyline was over £1300 !

Hope you guys try em as I couldn't find a better quote anywhere!

P.S thanks for the welcomes and advice! :D

Welcome to the club

woah thats a hell of a quote still!! being over 25 helps meaning you are not classified as a young driver plus being female you get a good quote.

Welcome,

I just tried Aviva and they wont quote for an import, only the uk spec listed, i'd be checking your insurance very closely

They do list imports in the drop down box but will only give you a quote if you choose the uk spec model !

Try LWIB, im with them and get very good service and a great price, they insure supras

and understand the differances, they also do agreed value policy on imports :)

http://www.lwib.co.uk

The quote Aviva gave me for a uk car which i have was over £70 more than i pay

with LWIB and that wasn't including the points on my license

Hey Dnk, Just to let you know, I did try LWIB as you recommended them, they quoted £900 fully comp.

Ty for the recommend though ;)