The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aerocatches eventually fitted

drift_bear

After speaking with john and roger i decided to eventually pull my finger out and do my aerocatches, i followed johns guide in his build thread and done all the work myself (and the help of my mate), i think it adds a new look to the car now. See what you guys think. Sorry for the rubbish quailty but pics were taken from my phone since my camera aint charged yet

Before

After

P.s before anyone asks, the car is staying untill further notice, have managed to source some work, so no need to sell up :D

Edited by drift_bear (see edit history)

looking good buddy..! I fitted my at the beggining of the month..! Scarry stuff cutting into 1k Euro bonnet..! :-)

the bonnet wasnt to scary to cut, was more to try get them both marked out even lol

looks soooo much better

cheers dude, im wanting to change the bonnet next year anyway to a carbon fibre version.

b;3258989']Looks good dude! and that added knowledge of secure bonnet is a always a big plus :p The little templates the aerocatches come with are pretty handy! - Was impressed when i saw those on thebacking card when i opened mine :D

yeah i was surprised aswell, but very handy :D

Good stuff Alex. Well done mate.

cheers john, it was help from your thread that got me through it :)

Nice one, it does look better now.

Glad you're able to keep it :thumbs:

me to bud

Well done bud, great work, I wasn't brave enough to do mine myself

i was abit nervous to start with but i thought if i can do BPU myself then i can do this lol.

Good work Alex. Always rewarding when you do the work yourself. To be honest I prefer the look without the aerocatches, but I understand the peace of mind you get from the bonnet being secured and it still looks really good. A nice style bonnet that, (I would be interested in it if you are selling it next year, if you start looking for a buyer in the future). Really glad you are able to keep the car buddy.

Good work Alex. Always rewarding when you do the work yourself. To be honest I prefer the look without the aerocatches, but I understand the peace of mind you get from the bonnet being secured and it still looks really good. A nice style bonnet that, (I would be interested in it if you are selling it next year, if you start looking for a buyer in the future). Really glad you are able to keep the car buddy.

im trying to get the carbon version, but will keep you in mind buddy

They look good mate. Get some closer pics up so we can scrutinise your work though!:p

Only kidding mate - glad you don't have to sell up!:D:d:d

:p will try get some closer pics once the camera is charged and the cars washed. im glad to mate, just means we need to talk sense into liam now aswell about keeping his.

After fitting these on sunday, i took the car out for a blast in to the local village near me and when i parked her up and walked away, i noticed that the 6 small screws/bolts holding each catch have started to rust already :blink: anyone else with aerocatches have this problem?

where did you get them bud? i know the fake ones tend to rust....