The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pin the knock sensor on the block.

Scott

These would be my favorite's if there is nothing else attached to these points, as for FPR, which part do you mean the bracket? if so it quite common to use self tappers if mounted to the bulkhead, personally i would prefer it bolted to a firmer mounting bracket.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb118/Tricky-Ricky13/Untitled-1.png

Thanks, so the upper half of the block is best then? I have it in my head that near no.4 was the best location but I don't know where I got that from. If that's the case then the RHS option sounds ideal.

With regards to the FPR I was going to mount it on the inner wing of the passenger side. I have a rivet popper for threaded rivets that I could use, I just wasn't sure if behind the wing skin area was free and clear or not. I didn't want to just start boring holes in it just in case :D

I had my KS-3 sensor bolted to the inlet manifold where it met the head, and it seemed OK there, but that was mainly because

it was too difficult to get to the block without removing the manifold etc,

As for inner wing, don't think passenger side has wiring, however i would be inclined to try and check before hand.

Always fit knock sensors to the original bosses, even if it means drilling and tapping them, or Helicoiling them, the makers go to a lot of trouble to find the best place to "hear" det. Be sure not to over-tighten them, they are easily damaged by this. Self tappers are an abortion, use riv-nuts and bolt it on..

The stock knock sensors are narrowband though Chris. The one for the Syvecs is a Wideband and there is only one (rather than the 2 stock ones).

Injectors are being sent out today btw :)

Cheers

Still best to fit them to the original bosses. I'd have a word with Ryan, but blocks or heads have a "sweet spot" for listening to det, yet avoiding the worst of extraneous noises.

Will let you know when the arrive, what should they be, size wise?

I'll point him in this threads direction, thanks.

900cc Bosch injectors mate, cheers.

• 1 year later...

To save asking pretty much the same question I thought I'd revive this one :)

As asked by Scott in post #11 - is that the best spot to get a det can mounted to? I can't remember when I had my manifold off if that bolt hole is in use by anything either. What do we think of this location? yaay or naay?

Thanks