The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Checking Engine Compression Ready For My N/A-TT Project

Andrew K

I would like a bit of help and wondered what peoples thoughts / ideas are! Ive bought a TT to use as my donor car for my N/A-TT conversion :)

today i did a compression test on the TT engine and the readings where :-

cylinder no.1 - 165

cylinder no.2 - 150

cylinder no.3 - 165

cylinder no.4 - 170

cylinder no.5 - 150

cylinder no.6 - 165

are these figures good / Average / bad?

On cylinders 2 & 5 i put some oil down the spark plug hole and did the test again, they both came up with a reading of almost 180.

does this mean it needs a strip down and the piston rings doing ?

Just wondering on the above as ill also be fitting Twin KKK 450R Blitz Turbos! (was the kit from Tony Licences car :eyebrows:) so i`m not sure !! with the power gain ill be getting and if the engine will be ok to handle it!?!?

Edited by Andrew K (see edit history)

Not any TT conversion then you little devil, good stuff... there was a thread on compression readings i think? they seem pretty good to me

Yeah i know:cool: got a lot of bits laying around now and cant wait to get them on the car! also be doing a 6spd conversion at the same time :)

did find some post about compression readings, and got to admit mine didnt seem to bad!

but just worried with the lower readings and with running that Blitz turbo kit!

Yeah i know:cool: got a lot of bits laying around now and cant wait to get them on the car! also be doing a 6spd conversion at the same time :)

did find some post about compression readings, and got to admit mine didnt seem to bad!

but just worried with the lower readings and with running that Blitz turbo kit!

Yeah i know exactly how your feeling. im sure it will be fine. look forward to the build thread