The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A upgrades?

JPow

Currently i have the N/A

383946_10150910271935254_529130253_21713444_784151664_n.jpg

currently 21 and looking at getting a turbo the insurance just kills me..

When i had my celica to play with i messed around with air intakes, exhausts, TRD bodykit and that - problem was it was only the 140BHP not the 190... so everyone thought i was just trying to cover it up..

What are peoples opinions on the same sort of thing on the N/A ... new exhaust? Skirts ?

Thanks for comments

JP

Scott you should of sent that website link I pm you the other day for "mods", They are now selling shavings from a unicorn horn and dragon tears that work as a octane booster.

Welcome anyway Jpow I have a NA like you and after a panel filter double decat (gonna swap the first decat for a whifbitzs manifold when it is ready) and cat back exhaust after that there is not really much point unless you buy a piggyback or a standalone ecu even though scott told me going on a diet would be more effective and the gain to cost is pretty harsh and not really worth it.

Check out the search option as after only being on here a month or so I see why people get annoyed as these topics come up often which for me is not so bad but after a few years on here it is most likely annoying.

Like any NA engine getting more power is an expensive route with little gains, the best pound for pound performance (as mentioned) is to lose weight. Not only on yourself but the car too! Get a good suspension setup too.

Do you have a budget in mind?

Been covered many times, a search will bring up a lot of threads on the subject, one example HERE.

The only performance modifications worth doing are exhaust, decat pipe and tubular manifold, these will make the car feel a little more responsive and should increase power by around 10-15hp.

In terms of value for money the best thing you can do is give the car a thorough service and get it running to it's full potential.

I wouldn't bother chasing performance if your goal is cheaper insurance. Focus on getting the car the way you want it to look and then possibly look at lightening it. That way you will save some cash and when you can afford to get the GTE engine transplanted into it!;)

i use to have a vvti celica too mate i never felt bad about making it nice i was too young for the VVTLI

i really like n/a supras and dont think you should feel like your covering up you dont have a turbo :) i put £400 petrol in my turbo supra last month which is terrible! sometimes wish i had a n/a for that reason lol :)

i really like n/a supras and dont think you should feel like your covering up you dont have a turbo :) i put £400 petrol in my turbo supra last month which is terrible! sometimes wish i had a n/a for that reason lol :)

How many miles did you do though ?

If i go on an economy run i can get 25 mpg easily out of my TT

Where can you get cams from for the GE that are not re grinds?

The NA-T Shop that sells everything for £1 ;)

thats pretty good i just got about 23mpg out of my na on my recent trip of 470 miles

I had 31mpg when I picked my car up. What the hell are you eating lol pie boy ;)

The NA-T Shop that sells everything for £1 ;)

I had 31mpg when I picked my car up. What the hell are you eating lol pie boy ;)

haha i wasnt on no eco run though i was doing a lot of town driving + she was loaded with lugage and i opened her up on the motorway as i dont get the chance as we dont have any motorways on the island.

i wasnt really ragging it though, :p but i do like pie