The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New member convert from Mitsubishi FTO

Caesard

Hi fellas,

After weeks of reading stuff here, I have finally bought my 1st Supra which is a very clean Twin Turbo example that is almost untouched except for a K & N intake and a Blitz dump valve.

Decided to go Supra after doing a session at the Nurburgring last month with my Mitsubishi FTO, which though it was a real looker and got admiration, couldn't deliver speedwise on track against all the evil Porsches.

So looking forward to doing the BPU first, and then changing it into the car of my dreams.

Hope you will all bear with my noob questions as this is my first turbo car and I am excited, but already skint :p

Supra pic

uploadfromtaptalk1322336423522.jpg

FTO pic

uploadfromtaptalk1322336525807.jpg

It is an auto. Actually my first auto ever too. Always had manual cars before, but on the test drive, the auto felt too good and I knew I had to get it.

Seller Chap was claiming it had 350 bhp, but I have to dyno it before any upgrades, to know exactly what I am doing.

Guest Aderookie

Hi and welcome from a fellow FTO convert.

Had my Supra for a year and a half, still miss the FTO until I press the happy peddle.

my old FTO, you may recognise it from the FTOOC

...................Ade

Edited by Aderookie (see edit history)

I had an FTO too! I actually loved it! Underpowered, terrible over steer, was tinny as hell & the brakes were good...once, the heater matrix would die & it was an extreme pain to replace, the gearbox ECU turned out to be the root of my very odd starting problem that happened completely randomly.

but she looked so nice, really well balanced, drove so silky smooth (V6), autobox was superb, sounded awesome!

Oh welcome to the club! Also please tell me you aren't planning to put the veil side kit?

Welcome, nice supra..!

What are the FTO's like? fun to drive, reliable?

Fantastic fun. They are quite light, and once you fit a decent suspension, goes like it is on rails. Quite reliable engine, mine made the journey from London to Poland, to Nurburgring and back to London without breaking down even once, all done at high speed and high revs.

Fantastic fun. They are quite light, and once you fit a decent suspension, goes like it is on rails. Quite reliable engine, mine made the journey from London to Poland, to Nurburgring and back to London without breaking down even once, all done at high speed and high revs.

/QUOTE]

I've always like the way they look; they sell for so cheap these days 'its tempting'..! lol

Hi there and welcome. I am also ex-FTO. Had two and loved them, only fault was front whell drive but so neutral was a great drive with a really revvy engine. (I remember you aderookie, a lovely looking FTO). Here's a pic. of my old one, sorry for the rubbish phone pic.