The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Been spraying the sequential turbo pipes :)

Lude

trying to get my engine bay a little less cluttered, and cleaned up.

as singe turbo engine bays look so much cleaner than stock, thaught id try make the most of mine,

here engine bay is looking at the moment

ive removed the stock turbo pipes,

sprayed them up

also removed and sprayed the heatshield

and also the Power steering resivour

had some samcos made for me, (there are 3 stock black rubbers there)

put the heatshield and intake pipes back on

and boost pipes

then the blitz bov and apexi intake back on

i may note that i am not putting back on the hardpipe set for the vacuums, as this is more clutter.

i noted where each one went,

some are blocked off, as i have removed the stock BOV, so dont need the vacuum, have am aftermarket boost controller, so one of the wastegave vsvs are blocked off, and the carbon canister is removed also,

so i only need 3 vacuums that go from the back of the engine bay to the front, so they will be hidden out of sight.

inlet manifold will be coming off for a spray also soon :)

i can only imagine how much time hodge and mitchell put into theirs as its very time consuing thing! :)

nice and satisying though, hope you like :)

Edited by Lude (see edit history)

interested to see what you do with the vacuum hardpipes as I would like to get rid of them too

just getting soft pipes, and running them underneath the new painted pipes,

not all of mine are needed, the blue is obsolete now, as charcol canister is removed.

also the green is, as i have an aftermarket boost controller. it just joins direct from the EGBV into the new painted pipe.

its hard to grasp on the PC, but if you just look at each hardpipe, where it goes, you can just make new lines out of rubber.

the hard pipe thats on the inside (the one after the red) is the vacuum that goes around the back of the engine and to the intake manifold. ive blocked off at the manifold, and running a new vacuum from my EBC at the front

Looks loads better painted up mate,been thinking about doing mine for ages, how easy is it to remove the stock turbo pipes? do you need to get under the car or can it all be accessed from the top?

na mate its all accessible from the top!

it looks very daunting, but its actually only a few bolts, about 8 12mm in total!

obv you need to remove the air filter etc and IC piping, couple of jubilee clips,

i followed the epic guide on here http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?82952-Blitz-Twin-Turbo-Installation&highlight=removal

i would say allow yourself a good few hours though, as it is a bit time consuming. my car is off the road for the winer so ive just been having a play about with it...

Looks allot better painted mate, what paint did you use in the end ?

Inlet next, give it to Rob to get polished !

hi mate, it was actually your thread that inspired me! so geeky, its in my bookmarks lol

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?233857-Engine-bay-makeover

um i just went to B&Q, it was about 8quid, high temp stove paint.

i went for matt not metalic.

i purchased it for my Greddy Intercooler and piping which i did the other week.

i got a bit addicted to the transoframtion and wanted to do the turbo pipes :D

was wondering why you chose to paint you turbo pipes, and have your manifold polished?

would have either had them both polished or both painted.

im a tight arse so painting both mine :)

hi mate, it was actually your thread that inspired me! so geeky, its in my bookmarks lol

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?233857-Engine-bay-makeover

um i just went to B&Q, it was about 8quid, high temp stove paint.

i went for matt not metalic.

i purchased it for my Greddy Intercooler and piping which i did the other week.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x169/lude200/IMG00112.jpg

i got a bit addicted to the transoframtion and wanted to do the turbo pipes :D

was wondering why you chose to paint you turbo pipes, and have your manifold polished?

would have either had them both polished or both painted.

im a tight arse so painting both mine :)

Lol

One of the reasons why I did not get my turbo pipes polished was because it looked very difficult to clean/polish up again and the other was that I had spent loads all ready making it nice so I painted them instead.... I do kinda wish I got them polished now though lol .... Planning to go single soon so there is no point now...

Intercooler looks awesome mate

• 2 weeks later...
interested to see what you do with the vacuum hardpipes as I would like to get rid of them too

as requested for your PM,

heres how replaced mine. NOTE: i have an aftermarket boost controller, and have removed the carbon canister, so 2 of the hardpipes are obsolete. if you still have these, you just need to put a T-piece in and run another soft pipe.

hia mate, did mine yesterday, its quite easy.

the front of the engine is easy, its the rear you need to focus on.

before you start, familiarise yourself with this, or what i did was save it to my mob, then you can look at it as your doing the car

1st you need to disconect the stock vacuums from the metal hardpipes.

do this from the front of the engine 1st, then the back second.

the rubber pipes at the back of the engine are a nightmare to remove from the hard pipe,

if you look the hardpipes go down to the back of the engine,

what i did was just leave them connected, but i cut the 3 metal hard pipes with a small hacksaw

(takes 2 mins, as the pipes are soft and hollow)

so it looks like this at the back...

before you cut though, mark each of the hardpipes, ive put 3 dots on the pic for you, it matches the colour co-ordinated pic here look

so you cut the red, yellow, and the pink pipe. make sure the yellow one is cut after where it T's off.

now you just join up these pipes, from the back to the front :)

start with the red one, from the back it goes here, where the red dot is

then the yellow, see it joins to at the back,

then at the front it goes to the wastagave VSV, here

then the third and final hardpipe (the pink) goes here where dotted

and you just join these, (as they are were blocked at the VSV as you have an electronic boost controller)

if your wondering about the vacuum to the bov, i just a fresh line to the intake manifold. (the blue pipe in the diagram)

to delete the hard pipe at the back which it goes to, here

i just angle ground off the welds...

then sprayed :)

looks a good job mate, very clean. the alloy inlets on all my past cars had always done my head in, apart from spraying whats the best way to clean them up, toothbrush and degreaser?

i tried de-greaser and a brush, just seemed to get the dirt off, rarther than shine them up.

i think the only way is either spraying them, or machine polishing them. when you polish though you need to keep doing every so often,

i chose the cheaper option which hope will last longer/cleaner :)

• 3 weeks later...

finally got round to doing the manifold,

removed.....

then used de-greaser and sopy water to get the dirt off, then used the same high temp paint :)

and throttle body (bit of overspray woops, will clean it off)

cleaned the throttle butterflies also, as they were filthy (yes there are 2 of them in there, one at the front and one at the back)

cleaned

refitting the manifold then, also cleaned up and painted the manifold stay/throttle cable stay

fitted back then :)

excuse the pic quality, think i had grey paint on my blackberry lol

next am getting a single piece air filter intake pipe and samcos, and need to de-grease the engine bay, and paint the struts from blue to black :)

Really nice job on this, really big difference. Hoping to do the same to mine when I get the time. What brand of paint did you use and have you noticed any issues with the heat after driving about? I know it's high temp paint but that heat sheild gets damn hot!.

Do you find it's easy to clean? Thats one of the main draws for me, I have a few shiny bits but tbh the maintenance is a pain.

thanks dude, its great satisfaction, little bit time consuming to remove the parts, thank god for the guide on here though :)

goes back together pritty quick as you know where all the nuts and bolts are, and nothing is tight to undo etc

in regards to the paint, il take a photo of it as ive had about 15 PMs asking about it lol

its stove paint, had it in B&Q, cost about £8. i had 2 cans as i did the intercooler aswell.

the car has been off the road in the garage since end of october for the winter, so i havent tested how the heatshield is gona look.

the paint is something stupid like 600 degrees though so i imagine it should be fine :)

the yellow is high temp, and havent had any issues with that, and its been on over a year