The mkiv Supra Owners Club

13J WideArch 600hp NA-t Project

Noz

Gooood Morning all. Having my kit fitted SOON, all booked in and ready to go.

Rather than bother mr whiffin with the list, I wanted just to post everything on here and make sure I was covered for all the bits I need. I also thought posting my list on here might help other people who are new to NA's and considering the plunge to go NA-T. I've done the parts on a budget, when everythings running I'll replace things but I didn't want to whack out on expensive turbo's and wastegates without the confidence my engine won't wet the bed.

So here goes...

T61 Turbo (with Gasket)

Oil Feed / Oil Return (upgraded lines)

Oil Filter Sandwich plate

Oil Cooler Kit (oil filter kit, cooler and heavy duty lines)

T4 Manifold (2nd hand with no cracks)

3" Downpipe

4bolt wastegate with various springs (5,8 & 12psi) and screamer pipe (this will be first thing to change tial)

4Runner dizzy cap

Turbo Blanket

Intercooler (with piping already cut and measured for GE engine)

4" Single Turbo Air Filter - bought a 3" air filter as need to use a 4-3" reducer, 4" single air filter for sale!Blitz BOV (this will be for sale once I get myself a HKS ssq)

7mgte 440cc injectors

Resistors for injectors

Ultimate Emanage (lume, 3bar map sensor and small black box - barnybrendan reminded me to get this but have since forgotten its use)

Engine Oil

HKS Boost Controller

Blitz Turbo Timer

Oil Catch Can (with clips)

Tisses when it all goes wrong lol

Oil Filter

BOV Pressure lines

3" to 4" reducer

Oil Catch can oil feeds

Catch Can Oil Lines

To buy:

Fuel Filter (after conversion)

To check:

correct BOV flange on IC piping checked, using samco hosing fits perfect

Already fitted:

Stage 4 clutch (lightweight flywheel for good measure).

Spark Plugs: BKR7E's (6097) - recommended to another NA-T member by Ryan

Supporting component part list:

A decent exhaust (2.5" Catback full stainless 8months old, sorted - 3" would be better but beggers can't be choosers ;) )

Gaskets for DP, MP and Exhaust (Sorted)

Nuts/Bolts for DP, MP & Exhaust (Sorted)

Oil drain adapter for the turbo (Sorted)

Oil drain adapter for the block (Sorted)

Oil feed adapter for the turbo (Sorted)

Oil feed adapter for the block (Sorted)

Heatwrap for the manifold (Not using heatwrap)

Heatwrap for the downpipe (On the to do list)

Heat wrap for the feed & return lines (As above)

Silicone hose joiners (Sorted)

Clamps for all the joiners (Sorted)

Plugs for any unwanted feeds (water/oil) (Sorted)

Weld on flange for BOV (Sorted - Silicon Hose Tee)

Circlip kit for attaching BOV to weld on flange (Sorted - to do list)

Clutch Fitting Kit (Flywheel bolts, Release bearing etc) (All new, fitted with clutch - release bearing does NOT come with competition stage 4 kit, it doesnt fit, NOTE!)

New manifold studs (Sorted)

Front main seal (Next few parts I would highly recommend) (Will add to the do-to list)

Cam seals (Will add to the do-to list)

Water pump (Will add to the do-to list)

Radiator (If yours isn't spot on you'll be best getting one) (Hoping to get a whifbitz radiator and twin fan set up after conversion, an item i've been thinking about recently funny enough)

All service items (Colder plugs, air filter, different oil etc) (Oil Sorted, Fitler Sorted (buy one next week), Got recommended (Ryan) plugs will fit before conversion)

New Crank Pulley (Highly recommended, you don't want this going on you) (Will add to do-to list)

New Crank Pulley Bolt (Will add to do-to list)

Timing Belt (Will add to do-to list)

Aux Belt (Will add to do-to list)

Power Steering Cooler ???

Turbo to Manifold studs/nuts (Sorted)

Thermostat (Best to replace) (Will add to do-to list)

Packing seal for anything that needs re-sealed (Will add to do-to list as i find out what is required during conversion)

Loctite (for anything that is recommended to be loc-tited) (Garage)

Breather Pipes (will add to to-do list)

Breather Fittings (As above)

Welded cam covers ??

Vacuum lines (Sorted)

Turbo Blanket (its already on the list got one with the manifold :thumbs:)

Gauges:

Boost, oil temp, oil pressure. Am considering getting a AFR gauge after conversion. I dont want to look like a space ship I'm just trying to be cautious with readings from the engine as I don't want it to die. More of a confidence thing most of these.

Paul has gaskets, apart from air filter reducer I think I'm there guys?

Any input appreciated as I'll need to order the remaining bits ASAP before I do my london trip :) Thanks

EDIT: parts updated.

Edited by SPG (see edit history)

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mid pipe.

Screamer pipe/wastegate recirculation pipe.

Turbo/filter intake pipe.

Engine oil

Oil filter

BOV weld on flange.

New OEM fuel filter.

Various fittings - jubilee clips, IC pipe connectors, exhaust manifold studs, nuts, etc.

Breather/vacuum pipes

Mid pipe. i thought downpipe replaced 1st cat and would go into 2nd cat

Screamer pipe/wastegate recirculation pipe. Screamer pipe is already on wastegate

Turbo/filter intake pipe. Unsure about this, was going to get reducer

Engine oil sorted

Oil filter sorted

BOV weld on flange. piping was previously used so should be present on piping, i will check this tonight!

New OEM fuel filter. is this recommended? never seen this added in na-t thread builds before. il buy one tomorrow if this is a good idea!

Various fittings - jubilee clips, IC pipe connectors, exhaust manifold studs, nuts, etc. i have all clips / pipe connectors for piping, any manifold studs i assume paul will have

Breather/vacuum pipes ?

thanks dude :)

Don't forget the proper flanged inlet to the sump for your return line from the turbo. I needed the flanged fitting and a 45degree bend Earls 'type' fitting to get it to fit past my autobox lines. You ont need to worry bout autobox lines but being an NA you will need to worry about drilling the sump for a return. As far as I remember the casting in the sump has the outline of where they would have drilled it if it were a TT sump but it was obviously left alone. Ditch the turbo timer and spend the money on something useful, plod gives you nothing but hassle with them. I would also order new exhaust stud nuts as when I took mine off they looked a bit knackered. I would also look for a DP with a flex section in it, mine wasn't a good fit and it makes it easier to align without putting stress on your manifold or exhaust housing. Don't know if your turbo/manifold came with bolts but get decent ones. I also bought some 3" silicone hose bends from the for sale section and they've been really handy when trying to clock the compressor housing to point the right way to mate to my intercooler piping. Also needed proper Loctite thread sealant rather than locker for oil fittings. I bought a M12 oil pressure gauge fitting kit for blocking of the second oil feed on my GTE block, I dont know where you guys get your oil feed from but maybe check that out. Plenty of bog role to dry your eyes after loosing 90% of the skin on your knuckles when trying to undo the manifold nuts with a ring spanner. Just a few things I needed when I was doing mine. It tended to be the little things that slowed me down like small fittings and nuts and bolts and blocking things off. Best of luck with it though, its good fun when you see a big grey snail next to your 2jz for the first time:-)

i'd defo put a wideband AFR in. you can get some nice small ones these days and its worth knowing what your engine is doing. Injectors - depending what boost levels your going for the NA 330's will be ok. if your going for 1-1.2 bar i'd look at 600's drop in one. I have 630's that drop straight into the na fuel rail.

good luck with it mate...

Best of luck with it though, its good fun when you see a big grey snail next to your 2jz for the first time:-)

Yea man its gonna be weird seeing more kit under the bay for sure. The timer came with a 2jz lume and I got it fairly cheap, so couldn't turn it down. The oil feed comes from the oil filter using a sandwich plate. The manifold was second hand, I'd rather buy a 2nd hand one that's been through some use and know it's not going to crack on me. I'd like to wrap it at some point but I can't justify anything that doesn't have a main function till it's at least running.

The garage that is fitting everything should have most bolts needed, I'll let him decide what needs throwing away.

The intercooler piping is already sorted mate, it's been cut to size and installed on an NA already. I'm assuming the garage will have the correct flange for the oil return, as they are removing the sump off etc. I'll update the thread and post more info on the install as I get it. Thanks :)

i'd defo put a wideband AFR in. you can get some nice small ones these days and its worth knowing what your engine is doing. Injectors - depending what boost levels your going for the NA 330's will be ok. if your going for 1-1.2 bar i'd look at 600's drop in one. I have 630's that drop straight into the na fuel rail.

yea that's one gauge and sensor il definitely be buying as soon as ive got it home. a nice 52mm would do nicely. going to be running just over 9psi (hopefully) maybe less. i dont think 330's will be good for 400bhp. i know they can go up to 380 but start getting maxed right out.

what did the 630's come out of? id like new'ish ones if i could get them mate.

No way he's going to need 600's with emanage on a GE, not with its compression and timing spike at 5k, w58 probably wouldn't thank you for it either.

changing them for 525's or 550's NEW ones is something Im planning to do. Im running w58 as soon as Im happy its all running sweet il look at changing the gearbox. Id still like to buy new injectors.

Won't be hitting 1 bar for a while yet mate :)

changing them for 525's or 550's NEW ones is something Im planning to do. Im running w58 as soon as Im happy its all running sweet il look at changing the gearbox. Id still like to buy new injectors.

Won't be hitting 1 bar for a while yet mate :)

Well you'll need something to retard your timing at 5k then, and I know a man with an AEM fic that would do the job and who is willing to part with it;)

Looking forward to seeing this :D

I'm using standard injectors at 8.5 psi & alls good dude. & like Barney& Nic said TT& NA fuel pumps are the same, don't listen to the mr t sales rep lol! Replaced mine with a walbro though cause I'm thinking it's room for more power for when& if I want more bhp...

+1 with what bigbloodyturbo said, wait until you see that snail sitting next to your engine :D :d :D

Looking forward to seeing this :D

I'm using standard injectors at 8.5 psi & alls good dude. & like Barney& Nic said TT& NA fuel pumps are the same, don't listen to the mr t sales rep lol! Replaced mine with a walbro though cause I'm thinking it's room for more power for when& if I want more bhp...

+1 with what bigbloodyturbo said, wait until you see that snail sitting next to your engine :D :d :D

your so close to 400bhp already mate how come u never tried for a bit more? to bef air 350bhp probably feels like an absolute animal compared to a stock na. mines 220 so even on low boost setting im gonna be giggling like a little girl!

I was told it would be a good idea to upgrade my fuel pump with that sort of power.

did you change your fuel filter as well mate?