The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra handling terrible!

tony tt

Well after a day or two of driving the supra thinking theres something not quite right with it at all. Every time i took my foot off the accelarator the front would wobble around like hell it was all over the place got me rather worried. So after talking to Geo some advice from supraloopy i put it into the garage to get wishbones, bushes, suspension all checked even the mechanic said it was frightening to drive! He looked it all over and couldnt find anything wrong with it all ok and in good condition apparently. He got the tracking done maybe that was the problem but to no evale. I got the car back this afternoon after a day and a half in the garage then on my way home i thought ill just check my tyre presures couldnt hurt i suppose................15pounds of pressure in one of my rear tyres!!! You would have thought i'd have checked this first, Geo i should have took you're advice and checked the wheels first. I felt like a total plank.

Queue the slagging and pi$$ taking :D

But then they wouldn't have got as much money

He only charged me for the tracking £21 :) It did solve it yeah its not doing it anymore at all. It threw the whole car out of sinc when i let off i wasnt driving spirited so it probably showed up more as the pressure was coming on and off less agressively. Tyipical me i always fear the worst instead of checking the simples first.

Technically speaking tyre pressures should be checked and adjusted as needed before even thinking about setting up the track :blink:

Thats what I was thinking

But then they wouldn't have got as much money

True but if they're 'that type of garage' they could have just done the tyre pressures and still done all the tracking etc atleast then the car would of left with the problem fixed, but instead it left with the same problem it had when it went into the garage

He only charged me for the tracking £21 :) It did solve it yeah its not doing it anymore at all. It threw the whole car out of sinc when i let off i wasnt driving spirited so it probably showed up more as the pressure was coming on and off less agressively. Tyipical me i always fear the worst instead of checking the simples first.

Im sure £21 sounds very good but if im right to track the front wheels they track them to the rear wheels so if your rears are slightly out which is quite possible then its pretty pointless to be honest, I paid £30 to have mine done once then went to wheels in motion the week after for a full set up and it made a big difference cost me around £115 but it was worth it the car felt alot better, just maybe something to consider in the future mate

I told you that you need to familiarize yourself with instructions first as this is your first car and you are still on a provisional driving licence and at your age(92) driving could be tricky :)

I've never bothered with instructions where's the fun in that :-)

It was fun trying to change my pee bag at 80mph