The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got some new wheels finally !!

SupraDan24

I've slowly been transformng my Supra over the last year to get it too look how i wanted it. The last thing i needed was some nice deep dishes as i love the look and i've never been 100% happy with my Volks. I bought a set of JDM ABC Exclusives yesterday and can't wait to get them polished up and fitted over winter with some nice new rubber. They may not be too everyones tastes but i like em :D

Here they are, thoughts opinions etc welcome :)

And one that he hand polished to show how they come up

Widths are: 9J fronts, 10J Rears. All 4 are ET32. I know they wont be everyones cup of tea and there are better wheels out there, but i'm saving up for a house so i'm trying to keep myself on a budget, and not fork out £1300+ for some VS-xx's that i know i want. I paid £600 for them with tyres which i think is a good price, so if i dont like them in the flesh i'll sell them on and make my money back easily.

do you want a stretched look mate? ive always liked the stretch look, although its not everyones cup of tea, and i cant run it on mine as i need the tyres as wide as possible for traction

I do like the stretched look, but i think 225's is a bit much lol. Plus i want some decent tyres on there as i'm going BPU over winter and theres no point having 400+ bhp if you cant put it down on the road....or avoid ploughing into a wall haha. I'm thinking 255s front and 275's rear atm. How does having them stretched effect driveability and lifetime of the tyres? I assume it'll shorten their lifespan and i wont have as much traction?

Edited by SupraDan24 (see edit history)

I do like the stretched look, but i think 225's is a bit much lol. Plus i want some decent tyres on there as i'm going BPU over winter and theres no point having 400+ bhp if you cant put it down on the road....or avoid ploughing into a wall haha. I'm thinking 255s front and 275's rear atm. How does having them stretched effect driveability and lifetime of the tyres? I assume it'll shorten their lifespan and i wont have as much traction?

Different tyres at the same size will be narrower or wider than others - falken 452's always come up small.

I fitted 225's to my 9.5j wheel and even for me it was a little too much stretch so i changed to a 245 now which has a small stretch which helps with clearance.

For the rears, 275 would be a fluish fit, or a 265 will give a little stretch.

Different tyres at the same size will be narrower or wider than others - falken 452's always come up small.

I fitted 225's to my 9.5j wheel and even for me it was a little too much stretch so i changed to a 245 now which has a small stretch which helps with clearance.

For the rears, 275 would be a fluish fit, or a 265 will give a little stretch.

Didnt know that, cheers mate :thumbs: Hmmm decisions decisions :eyebrows:

What does everyone think of the choice of tyres? I've heard good things about the Avons, and their affordable.