The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Price Discussion

Geo

Seeing as there is loads of Stunning supra's up for sale just now, im just wondering what draws you to a car?

Price?

Spec?

Age?

Facelift?

Pre Facelift?

N/A?

TT?

Single?

Twins?

Auto

Condition

Mileage

5 Speed?

6 speed?

Aero?

Person Selling it(more so from the club)

Im sure there is more i've missed. Just wanted to get views on how you go about looking for the right car ?

Edited by Geo (see edit history)

First thing that draws me in is spec if i'm honest, then how it looks. Next i'd say i look at who owns the car and for how long, then at the condition. Mileage isnt a deal breaker for me, but i'd need to know its been well looked after. Someone who services it himself isnt the end of the world either, i dont need loads of Toyota receipts infront of me to ease my mind, receipts for parts, and knowing the guy is genuine is enough for me. I dont buy my cars to resell them though so my ideals may be different from other peoples.

I don't think I would EVER buy a modded car. I've yet to work on or own a modded car that has been done elsewhere that the work has actually impressed. If I were to buy another Supra I would got for a totally standard very clean example. I would look at the owner and his latom of total in how clean the car is kept. This would tell me a lot about how the car was treated.

I could probably count on 1 hand the amount of modded cars I would actually buy and not pull apart and do it what I would deem as properly.

I don't think I would EVER buy a modded car. I've yet to work on or own a modded car that has been done elsewhere that the work has actually impressed..

I've yet to own a modded car full stop. I would much prefer to own a stock TT6 than anything else, and then mod it myself (by getting the garages I know best to do it!). I don't trust anyone.

I noticed a lot of people put service history at the top priority, is their a particular reason? The only reason I don't regard it so highly as that isn't a way to confirm a good car.

My sister brought a Mercedes A Class ('04), and they were adamant that it had to have service history. They looked at this & brought the car on the basis it has been looked after as it is dealer stamped.

3 weeks later the gearbox goes on a car with only 60k on the clock! £1,500 & loads of trips to the garage it is resolved! Though as I explained to them, would you rather buy a car which has been looked after & taken care of with no dealer stamps or one which has been dropped at the dealer every couple of years it starts driving odd for a service.