The mkiv Supra Owners Club

whats it worth?

Hollands

as much as i love my supra i cant afford to keep putting petrol in it :( i drive alot and need a smaller car

what do you think its worth? it has a full service history mainly at toyota

L reg Uk spec automatic 70 thousand miles (service and camblet just done)

2 previous owners both 50+ (owner who done 1st 40 thousand miles was a lady 2nd owner was her son)

100% original

body work and engine in amazingly good condition

serviced every 5 thousand miles since new

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

008.jpg

I'm sure you will get a few more people who have a better idea of the price, I just had to say that it looks like a really good car you have there, even though its an Automatic it should command a good price, (even in a bad second hand car market) especially in Europe, they seem to be snapping up all the low mileage UK specs.

When you do come to put a for sale advert together make sure it is as comprehensive as you can make it, with lots of photographs, even vids.

It is a shame you have to sell it, I'm sure you have thought long and hard about it, good luck with the sale.

i havent put it up for sale anywhere because im still considering my options. i dont want any other car! specially not a hot hatch. do you guys think the value will go up or down or stay the same in the next few years?

If you can afford another car, like a small diesel, you could use that. It'd pay for itself (50+mpg vs 20mpg) - and maybe leave some money to spend on Supra fuel?

Uk cars especially such stock examples as yours seem to be sought after abroad as japanese imports are very difficult to get registered over there. Most people here won't pay much more for a uk car over an import, but the europeans have only domestically sold left hand drive ones (which are rare and very expensive) and our uk ones which are comparatively very cheap.

I would keep an eye on the european demand but I don't think good clean low'ish mileage ones like yours will plummet in value, but you will almost certainly need to sell abroad to get £7K+.

I have run various low value diesels for commuting over the last 3-4 years but I really do slum it in

• 3 weeks later...

I would say between 7 and 8.5k really for an auto. I did however see one for sale at 10K but that was uber low mileage (17k miles) , full Toyota history, one owner and was the same as it rolled out the factory. Paintwork looked brand new as it had been garaged and supposedly never seen wet tarmac !!

thats cool :) ive talked myself out of selling it . id be richer without it but life would be alot more boring :)

Good decision :D UK's hold their price better than their Japanese counterparts and with UK specs drying up they will command higher prices from the continent so IMO the only way is up ;)