The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbe here :) looking for a change

Guest jay_jay

Guest jay_jay

Hi guys

Im new here, been looking at supra's for a while and now am looking for a change. I have a Nissan Skyline R33 GTR to a fair spec so looking to swap/sale the skyline for a twin turbo supra.

Hoping to find out some info on here like what to look for etc etc

Any help would be great :)

CHeers

Guest jay_jay
Welcome buddy,

You have started your search in the right place friend; lots of info and people here willing to help out a fellow member.

Post up some photos of the skyline..! we are photo junkies here...!

Glad to hear :)

here some photo's if it works............

Guest jay_jay
Welcome.

Do you know if your looking for a manual or auto; Facelift or pre facelift etc.. I assume you will mod the car therefore are you looking for a stock car or one with a bit of work already done?

Loads of info in the FAQ section or just fire away with your questions.

Thats the thing.... im not to sure lol :)

What box is stronger on a supra a manual or auto? On skylines the auto box is less an useless

is there a difference in the engine between the pre facelift and facelift models?

I do know that i would like a aerotop TT if i can find one or if some wants to swap my skyline for one :)

Power wise...... something over standard would be nice. Body wise again some nice mods like wheels and suspension would be a bonus :)

I would like to know what to look out for when buying one? for example on the skyline the front suspension tops are good for rusting. So is there any weak points to look out for.

One more question........ would you recommend a standard engine or a rebuilt one? How much power can the standard engine take?

Cheers :)

Thats the thing.... im not to sure lol :)

What box is stronger on a supra a manual or auto? On skylines the auto box is less an useless

is there a difference in the engine between the pre facelift and facelift models?

I do know that i would like a aerotop TT if i can find one or if some wants to swap my skyline for one :)

Power wise...... something over standard would be nice. Body wise again some nice mods like wheels and suspension would be a bonus :)

I would like to know what to look out for when buying one? for example on the skyline the front suspension tops are good for rusting. So is there any weak points to look out for.

One more question........ would you recommend a standard engine or a rebuilt one? How much power can the standard engine take?

Cheers :)

Below is the basic supra buyers guide.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?67644-What-to-check-when-buying-a-Supra

For more or less the price range of your current car you should be able to pick up a 1996 TT Manual with BPU mods which is a really good start..!

There is more information and products available for the non VVTI models.

The 6 speed Getrag V160 gear box is the one to have, they are bullet proof which can hand big BHP without any issues, the Auto's aren't safe to hand much more then 500bhp.

Edit: Black 202 is by far the best colour..!;)

Edited by Brazil (see edit history)

Welcome bud. Thats a lovely R33 youve got.

The Supra autobox is excellent but if ur going for a car with a fair amount of power (400+ish as a rough gestimate) u should be looking for a 6speed manual.

The twin turbo engine is good for as much as 1400 bhp and more with the right mods. On here, search for "Jamie P". His is a monster.

Happy hunting anyways bud

Welcome! Nice looking Skyline!

Get a TT6 mate...budget as always will determine what you get, but if you want big power has a look in the classifieds for an already built single! There are a few crackers up for sale at the moments that I would have jumped at if they had been for sale when I was looking!:)

Guest jay_jay
Speak to jurgen at j m imports, he could possibly get you a good deal on your gtr, and he has some amazing high powered supras in.

Will do mate :) thanks for the heads up

Guest jay_jay

updated spec

Engine

Wossner Piston kit 86.5mm

Machine bore to suit pistons and machine gasket face

Nissan RB26 crank

ACL standard grade mains bearing

ACL standard grade big end bearings

Nissan N1 oil pump

Nissan water pump

RSP 1.2mm Metal head gasket RB26

Nissan Engine gasket kit

Nissan Timing belt kit, including idler & tensioner pulleys

NGK spark plugs - Heat range 08

Fuel Filter

RB26 conrods

RB26 AFMs

R34 GTR Fuel rail and injectors.

Replacement Coil Packs

New O2 sensors

Stage One turbos.

Blitz Air filters and piping

Modified twin turbo pipe

Exedy Sports Clutch

RSP Custom chip with dyno printout (Car running 417.4 bhp)

Interior

APEXI AVCR black

APEXi Turbo Timer with O2 sensor, A/F ratio

Aftermarket exhaust

Defi BF gauge - Water Temp

Defi BF gauge - Oil pressure

Defi BF gauge - Boost pressure

Defi control unit

Nismo 320KPH white face Speedo

Nismo white face 3 centre gauges

Nismo Gear knob

Carbon Fibre effect bash and gear surround

MONO steering wheel

DVD player

Handling

Tein Super Street Suspension

Ultralite Atec 9x18 alloys with 265 tyres

Exterior

Carbon effect wrapped boot.

Carbon effect wrapped Spoiler blade

GTR spoiler end caps

Yellow painted brembo brakes

Clear side repaeters

Other

Hornet Alarm and Immobiliser

Coolant hose kit- Blue, BCNR33

Breather hose kit-blue, BCNR33

Heater hose kit- blue, BCNR33

Just recently been to TR RACING and had both cam seal replacing as they were leak oil.

Guest jay_jay
Then it could of been you then, I'm around that area because my mate is there. Good luck with your search.

cheers matey :)

wrong time of year to sell now though