The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lasered?

hogmaw

Driving down a straight, clear road, no traffic this morning on the way to work. I'm doing doing 35 - 40 in a 30 zone and probably would have done more but it was very sunny and going east means the sun is in my eyes so everything is bright and visibility not too good. In fact it is so bright I don't even notice 2 policemen in dayglo green by the side of the road - with a laser gun pointing - until I am right on top of them! So I slow down a bit and carry on, this time at 30mph...

So the question is, can I expect something in the post over the next few days, OR if they had got me, would they have chased after me to pull me over?

Originally posted by dude

If you do get a NIP your sun in the eyes excuse would be a good defence , especially if its only about 35ish , as in couldnt see the speedo or the old bill your honour !!!!

Dude:flame Dev

That won't stand up, their reply will be if you can't see Police in dayglo vests how can you see children?

They will say you should have pulled over until it was safe to procede.

Could get a driving without due care and attention slapped at you.