The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA Auto no power in Drive like snail

Guest Engineer

Guest Engineer

Hi Guys my wife's NA Auto has no power when pulling away, need to use L & R to put back in driveway, I've changed the

Plugs, dizzy cap, rotar ar & air filter, she starts revs & sounds ok but put into Drive & little to no pull,

Anyone with something will put clip on soon

Hi Guys my wife's NA Auto has no power when pulling away, need to use L & R to put back in driveway, I've changed the

Plugs, dizzy cap, rotar ar & air filter, she starts revs & sounds ok but put into Drive & little to no pull,

Anyone with something will put clip on soon

Have you checked for error codes?

I would suspect your issue will be related to No.1 speed sensor (code 41 from memory). Look to see if the speed sensor wire has anything spliced onto it and check the odometer for dry solder joints. Also the odometer can be internally faulty and corrupt the speed signal - there is a documented bypass for this.

Guest Engineer

cheers for the box if needed & i did see the thread splicing something, will see about error codes after reserching it more (probably 1st thing to do really) just away to put clip up now.

Just to clarify, when on Drive & 1st its as slow as a snail pulling away, in Revers & L it moves ok. just to say if i put on the accelerator like in the clip i should be in the back yard normaly, not 2m up the drive ok, cheers in advance

Guest Engineer

ok was looking for fault codes & found when MANU button is on, it dont light up on dash & oil/coil lights not on ??? started taking dash off revs dropped car working fine & MANU light now working & oil/coil cluster, then it goes off & fault back, something loose in dash, any thoughts to what effects MANU light button & no acceleration power, each time the light comes on revs drop & car goes like

normal then revs go up light goes off & no acceleration power ???

ok coil/oil cluster is dry joints hust soldering it but the MANU button & light have something to do with this power loss / high revs

Edited by Engineer
new info (see edit history)

Guest Engineer

yes gearbox level is ok, sorted AUTO dash light, but still running bad (loose cable, coincidance when running good/bad)

the fuel pressure sensor is also knocking & smell of fuel, was like this before i changed plugs, old plugs black soot along with exhaust tail pipe, not so bad when new plugs replaced but same again after running to trace fault,

looking like its something to do with fuel / pressure regulator, any confirmation would be great