The mkiv Supra Owners Club

best PC racing game with JDM cars?

carl0s

Originally posted by Syed Shah

GREAT GRAPHICS = XBOX.

Excuse my ignorance, I've never even seen an XBox or PS2, but don't these console things all use a TV as the screen? How great could the gfx be on a TV compared with 1600x1200 on a monitor?

Originally posted by Jake

Excuse my ignorance, I've never even seen an XBox or PS2, but don't these console things all use a TV as the screen? How great could the gfx be on a TV compared with 1600x1200 on a monitor?

well, okay.. Xbox is great graphics for a console. My radeon 9800 still looks miles better at 1024x768.. and that's not even anything special compared to a lot of proper gamer stuff.

Originally posted by Jake

True, which is why PCs have much better graphics than consoles. Be interesting to see what happens as HDTVs become the norm over the next 5-10 years though.

Need for speed underground,

its the best game ever, full of jap cars and you can mod them as much as you want, even down to the colour of the brake calipers, and i think its only about £20 now because a new one is coming out soon

Originally posted by Garfy

Need for speed underground,

its the best game ever, full of jap cars and you can mod them as much as you want, even down to the colour of the brake calipers, and i think its only about £20 now because a new one is coming out soon

You only played one game ever? It's the worst in the NFS series yet, and I imagine the next will be even more stunted, limited, and shallow. Bring back NFS4 say I, and bung in the Motor City tuning engine.

If you want to know how shit NFS-U is, get in a 3-lap race, start, park at the start line, watch TV for a half hour, go back to the game, and win the race as the AI cars are parked 10 seconds up the road waiting for you. That is one of it's many, many flaws - don't buy this game.

-Ian

Originally posted by MfS

Isn't a tv 720x568? :conf:

Not sure Marco, you'd probably know better than I would.

I was always under the impresison it was lwer that 640 res, however some newer TV sets have better DPI type of displays due to the way they draw the picture etc. Even so, all this 1024 talk is wasted on a TV.