The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitting a v160 or r154 to a auto tt

Guest Gymbob

I was just wandering is the gearbox tunnel the same or does it need modifications, what else would need changing im just weighing up my option at the minute what would work best as im after another supra for drifting. Im debating na-t, auto tt to a w58,r154 or if i can get hold of one v160.

With an auto tt what else would need changing if you change to a r154? prop?

I would ideally after 500-600bhp, how does a hx35 perform on a 2jz?, 2 way diff etc for drifting

You wouldn't see a w58 doing 500-600 hp drifts lol so r154 is the best option

And I dunno if na-t will tht sort of power without it being built either but the hx35 is a good turbo lots of drifts lads run them but I think there some slightly more advanced holses now which are similar to the 35 but spool faster

Dan

So is it just a different panel? and itll fit fine? R154 or v160 it is then, what sort of power will a hx35 get on a 2jz, 600bhp? and fast spooling? like 1 bar at 3.5k?

I'm not exactly sure what the spool is like I suspect with supporting mods you should be to far away from that , but yeah 550 hp I would expect to see , gearbox choice is either £500 or £2000 maybe more if you find one lol as six speeds hold there money but the setup u talk of Wouk make a nice drift car ;)

Dan

So is it just a different panel? and itll fit fine? R154 or v160 it is then, what sort of power will a hx35 get on a 2jz, 600bhp? and fast spooling? like 1 bar at 3.5k?

You buy the panel from Toyota, you may not need it for a 134 as you will need to mod the tunnel or box as the lever will not come out in the correct place.

why? bb costs a bomb when they need rebuilding unlike journal bearing truck turbo's lol spool isnt always better neither is top end power, and truck turbo's last for 100,000's of k's with mega boost :)

The only problem is getting the oil return right and feed, but journal bearing turbo's ftw... even though i have a hks one lol, its just because my silvia hasnt got much choice being 2 litre makes it too laggy but on a 2jz there's loads of options borg warner,holset etc