The mkiv Supra Owners Club

gte and ge? what's the difference

Guest Gymbob

Engine wise I know the turbo pistons are different, but if you put gte injectors,pistons, HG, in a ge engine what else is different for the two just thinking about a na-t route

What sort of power can you achieve with this? id be after around 500-550bhp What are they good for?

What can a standard supra clutch take? and will the w58 cope long with 500bhp or is a r154 a better option?

mine made 480bhp at .9 bar. 1.3 bar should see over 550bhp. im running at about 1.05 bar now wich im guessing is hovering around the 500bhp mark . the clutch is toast at 350. youl need atleast an r154 at this power level . at 460lbs of torque i blew a w58 to bits so im fitting an r154 box. to do this youl need a 1jz flywheel and a 1jz pull type clutch. the competition stage 4 clutch will hold upto and around 600lbs of torque so ive been lead to believe .

ill be using the competition stage 5 with the 154