The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car Vandalised (...by the GF!!!) - Anyone know of any short-term insurance company's?

dukenukem

Well what can I say... my girlfriend (bless her) has a bit of an alcy problem. She runs her own business, which is doing very well at the moment, but needless to say gives her a bit too much free time in the days now and then. Yesterday it would seem she spent most of her time in the pub. I cycled to meet her after work to drive her car home. I put my bike in her car (which I might add had been politely furnished with a parking ticket by this point) and dropped her and the dog off back at the house. We exchange the obligatory "love you"s and then I go off on my merry way to go play 5-a-side footie for an hour with some of the guys from work. She lent me her Golf as my Supra is currently SORN'd for the winter and I wasn't particularly keen on cycling all the way there. Everything was reasonably normal at this point. We kicked ass at footie, 19-11 or something like that. I then get back to her car and check my phone... only to be greeted with 18 missed calls, 7 answerphone messages and 5 texts! She's basically accused me of steeling her car and told me she's called the police etc. etc. I called her back, trying not to laugh at all this but failing miserably, pointed out that actually she lent me the car, I dropped her off only an hour and a half before and everyting was fine etc. I ask wtf doesn't she remember any of this and has she been taking some recreational pharmaceuticals... to which she replies something along the lines of "ohhh my god, I complitely remeember now.. I'm soooo sorry, I must have gotten sooo drink" blah blah blah (slurring somewhat). Apparently she fell asleep for a few minutes on the sofa and woke up thinking it was 11 o'clock or something (when it was actually about 6pm) and thought I'd just gone out and left her. I just saw the funny side at all this and went home. I get there, we have a minor argument about some bullwhack before she promptly passes out again shortly after. I just got on with my evening playing a spot of COD MW3 on the PS3, thinking nothing much more of it.

Anyway, this morning I get on my bike at 7:30am to ride to work, only to get out on the drive to see the front indicator hanging off the Supe and a foot sized dent in the wing!! :( I laz my bike on the ground and burst back in the front door, she has no recollection of this alleged misdemeanor at all and is all very apologetic, but my poor Supe! It did nothing to deserve this. The damage to the wing is only minor and should pop back out and there's no damage or cracking of the paintwork so that's good, but still, what a b!t&h!. She has offered to pay for the damage (and get the roof resprayed at the same time to say sorry as it's looking a little worse for ware at the moment being 15 years old)... so I wont whinge too much, but as said the car is SORN'd and not insured at the moment (all preped to be tucked up for the winter). I would like to take it to a body shop to get it repaired asap just in case the paint has suffered a bit, but none of these short-term insurance companies seem to want to cover a powerful import such as the RZ for a month. Can anyone suggest any decent short-term insurance companies (and/or places to meet a sane new girlfriend in and around the Bournemouth area)?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would have knocked her out, but i am the one who blew a gasket when 2 show girls sat on my bonnet once, while i was not even present. wouldnt have minded if they were sub 9st but these beef cakes must have been 15st and looked like they put there make up on with shotguns

Edited by Rob_Mitchell (see edit history)

Everyone is different but id get rid. She sounds like a right mental case. Look at the long run. I'd get rid before you end up stuck in a relationship with a violent alcoholic who has no memory of her actions, who causes you constant misery when she is drunk. Which could be often... If she does turn alcoholic the business will take a dive... She doesn't sound like a functioning alcoholic who do manage to hold there life together...

full time drinkers are bad news... i know from personal exsperiance.. the best thing you can do is leave her.. you don't need that around once her company goes she'll be even worse, dont wait for it get outa there unless theres some reason to stay.

do you want kids would she be a fit mother, when was the last time you both had a meal out went to see a film without being drunk...

ask yourself dude it can be bad news.. hope it works out for you:)