The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Shift Lever Solid bushes - Opinions

Scott

Just looking for peoples opinions on the above. I know that a lot of guys have gone for the solid bushing over the stock ones due to their own ones being worn, but what about when they are perfectly serviceable? Is it still a good option?

I'm going to be pulling my gearbox to fit a new clutch and I'm just wondering if this is a worthwhile mod, as it's relatively cheap and reasonably easy for me to do.

At the moment my gear shifting is very positive, each gear is found easily and a very confident feel is had. I'm wondering what these solid bushes will add other than noise & rattle.

Are stock ones available?

Opinions on them would be great :)

IIRC you have to buy the complete cradle, you cant just buy the stock bushes.

I went for the solid bushes on mine, didn't notice an increase in noise but it definitely feels positive on gear changes. Although my stock ones were shot.

Yeah that's what I was worried about. My fear is that I get them and hate them so want to return to stock.... but can't lol.

On the other hand, if I leave them as is and then they end up shot after a few months I won't be best pleased about having to get under the car again :D

I'll be getting mine done with a short-shifter as well. Tighten it all up!

I've got a short shifter to fit too. Unknown brand though so I'm not holding out much hope.

In saying that I might be as well fitting the shfiter first and seeing what it's like. Fitting both the shifter and the bushes will leave me wondering what to blame if the shift gets messed up :D

Glad people think this is a worthwhile mod as its something i was deffinately considering doing.

Had a short shifter on my last car and loved it, however pretty sure that it was a contributing factor to me killing a gearbox at the nurburgring this year :lol: (not on a supra)

Any ideas if these cause any detriment to the box in the long term?