The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Solar Panels

Guest redcapri

Guest redcapri

Hi, I notice that the Government is soon to reduce the tariff offered on solar panels and a thought struck me. Would solar panels work on a Supra? If they were fitted professionally on the roof could benefits be realised? It may come as no surprise to learn that my drive is South-facing!

Hi, I notice that the Government is soon to reduce the tariff offered on solar panels and a thought struck me. Would solar panels work on a Supra? If they were fitted professionally on the roof could benefits be realised? It may come as no surprise to learn that my drive is South-facing!

Are you wanting to power a toaster or sandwich maker in your Supra or something?

:lol:

Guest redcapri

Ha, ha! Cheers guys :)

Seriously, I was hoping to hook-up a couple of DVD players for the kids in the back, then there's the phone charger, satnav, etc. Surely, they'd help?

just get a bigger alternator, problem sorted.

Solar panels on any form of vehicle is better for trickle charge, like a boat. Unless your hybrid your not going to see the benifits IMO.

Unless you feed in the solar panels to replace your alternator and reduce resistance on your engine.... I don't think the extra power required from your engine to turn the alternator uses enough fuel to make solar panels on your car cost effective. I could be wrong

Ha, ha! Cheers guys :)

Seriously, I was hoping to hook-up a couple of DVD players for the kids in the back, then there's the phone charger, satnav, etc. Surely, they'd help?

unless you are making your children watch DVD's sat on your drive i dont see what you would gain, whilst your car is running its more than capable of handling the power this would require.