The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS Bov Fin Diameter?

Scott

As above, I've just stripped down/cleaned/painted my HKS Racing BOV and while at it I removed the recirc adapter. I was wondering if there are any replacement fins for this particular BOV or whether it was just meant to be left totally open.

If anyone has one handy, measuring the outer diameter of the fin would be great. I understand that the fins have little tabs at the top and bottom so that you put it on the right way, the racing BOV doesn't seem to have these tabs so not sure if it is a total non-starter.

Lastly, does anyone with the racing variant have any sort of fin in theirs?

I'm not sure if I'm measuring the right bit but if I am the internal is 32mm. If it's not let me know and I'll measure another bit:)

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd28/pjavon/IMAG0879.jpg

Ahh, awesome thanks for the help.

I'm actually looking for the outer diameter of the fin itself. 4 of the allen screws you can see at the front there need removed to take out the fin (for changing to other ones etc). 4 of the screws hold on the cover, 4 of the screws hold on the rubber seal behind the cover. It's no issue if you remove all 8 but if you can differentiate which ones are which then it would save removing them all. The ones on the cover will be protruding slighty out and they will be evenly spaced (every 2nd one).

When you take the cover off the fin will pull out very easily. If you could measure the outer diameter and let me know the width of the fin that would be absolutely fantastic.

Scott how many different fins are there?

I know of 3, silver, gold & purple. There may be more though. Purple is the best sounding IMO but the silver is VERY distinctive.

Hoe comes you wanna know the size out of interest?

You mean other than the reasons I gave in the first post? ;)