The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Seriously thinking I might be forced to sell the Supra this winter

DodgyRog

Work seems to have really dried up early this year, only worked 1 day this week:(

I have been stuck working for an Agency for the last year and a half, which is okay, but the normal shortage of work after Xmas seems to have already started

We can survive by using up my holiday entitlement normally,but if it continues from now until after Xmas I can't see an option but to sell up

The Supra has to be seen as a luxury now, with fuel costs so high, it is to expensive to commute any distance in

I am not going to do a For Sale thread until I absolutely have to, but if anyone out there wants to make me any high offers, I would be very tempted

Just can't believe I am typing this after the ridiculous amount of cash I have put into it and getting it close to my perfection:innocent:

Really hope it doesn't come to it and this is just a blip

We have a bit of cash saved for Florida next year, so that will keep us going for a bit, but I don't want to soak up all our savings and then still being forced to sell anyway

Jen is trying to stop me from selling, but if I am going to be pushed into it, I don't want to be in a desperate situation and end up taking a low offer just to get some cash flow

Sorry just needed to vent a bit as I am totally gutted it might come to this, fingers crossed work might start coming in again over the next week or so:imsorry:

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

I wouldn't recommend selling it like that bud. Reason being it won't solve your financial problems..... unless of course you owe money on the car via financing or other?

Getting rid of the car to put some money in the bank to live off of won't really do you much good, the time is always going to come where that runs out and you will have zero to show for it..... no car and still in the same financial difficulty.

Totally different if you have debts and you need the car to clear your feet though.

if your thinking of selling ur car as u are skint the worst thing you could do it buy a UK TT, they are loads more compared to a JSpec TT.

you can buy a decent car rog without having top of the range honda! my focus is a 2000 tdi and its NEVER let me down. im sure they are thousands of good cars worth less than half what you paid. my laptop's worth more than my focus and it runs a dream. you could get alot newer car than mine that would be just as reliable for sure!

keep the car mate and buy my focus lol , dont sell it

Can't believe you still have the Focus mate, that's such a bargain fror someone

Jen's put her foot down and said no way I am selling the Supra, but we will have to see

I do love my car and I know I would regret selling, but it's a car and I know I will own another if I was forced to sell

Hopefully work will pick up a bit, 3 days a week is enough to cover our bills, so fingers crossed

if your thinking of selling ur car as u are skint the worst thing you could do it buy a UK TT, they are loads more compared to a JSpec TT.

you can buy a decent car rog without having top of the range honda! my focus is a 2000 tdi and its NEVER let me down. im sure they are thousands of good cars worth less than half what you paid. my laptop's worth more than my focus and it runs a dream. you could get alot newer car than mine that would be just as reliable for sure!

The TT would be a car for the future if I were to sell mine this winter, something to save/work for into the future

I do realise there are cheaper reliable cars bud, but the same can be said for the Supra, it's mental as a daily driver and having another car so I can lay up the Supra is not that much of a saving when you add in the extra Insurance, Tax, maintance etc

I really don't want a Supra that I only get to drive a few times a year, sorry to the members that do this, but it's just daft to me

my supra is off the road atm , but ive got my van , focus was brill last year in the snow certainly got me around , but wifey is going to foster soon so ill need something else , i thought it would have gone as well but i think the insurance was high for a few peeps , cant believe they think 1.8 is a big engine lol.

anyway its here if you want it sure we can come to some arangement

The TT would be a car for the future if I were to sell mine this winter, something to save/work for into the future

I do realise there are cheaper reliable cars bud, but the same can be said for the Supra, it's mental as a daily driver and having another car so I can lay up the Supra is not that much of a saving when you add in the extra Insurance, Tax, maintance etc

I really don't want a Supra that I only get to drive a few times a year, sorry to the members that do this, but it's just daft to me

the extra cost for insurance, tax and the initial purchase of the car WILL BE cheaper than using your supra every day. i spend about 40 pound a week in fuel in my focus. when driving the supra that doubles. over a year, thats 2080 extra just to drive the supra every day. that pays for my car and extra insurance and extra tax in less than a year! having owned the supra for one year this month ive just started to cover my cost. unless you have two cars and calcualte it out mate you cant be sure.

unless you do low miles which wouldnt be worth the change.

Let me know when you are free so I can come round & give you a slap! :D

What line of work you in? Might be worth posting as people might be doing something similar or have contacts?

I'd recommend you buy a £200 car which you commute with, leave the Supra for 'luxury days'.

The 2nd car option is something I have been looking at for a while and really need to look at more seriously

Not just to save money on commuting, but to save my paint work, otherwise I will need a respray again:d

I guess you will want me to sit down so you can give me a slap Abz;)

I was in the same boat a few years ago although i couldn't afford a second car even an old banger, I was unemployed and trying to get agency work (im an hgv driver) i just struggled through it and eventually out of the blue a neighbour phoned me with a vacancy at his work. Long story short (too late) Keep the supra, dont do any unnessesary driving cut back where you can and something will turn up. I looked at your car in your garage and its too nice to sell if your still interested in Supra's. You would regret it. Listen to your good lady and keep the thing and when you luck changes (which it will) you can look forward to spending money on it again. Lecture over.

il buy ur diffuser

I am not going to start selling bits bud and if I was the Diffuser, it would be offered to ripped_fear first, think he has been waiting nearly as long as I waited for the Rear Carbing Strut Brace

Jen's come home and slapped me about a bit, trying to knock some sense into me:spank:

I will reiterate with my own story :D Bought an astra with 6 months tax, 12 months mot for 350 quid and its made it money back in 6 months not using the supra every day for work !! Plus I work at a supermarket and putting it in the car park is not an option. There are some real cheap car bargains going these days, I had a saxo diesel which did epic MPG 55ish around town and 75ish on a run. I was gutted when I killed it on the motorway whilst attempting a risky cross breeding with a Defender it only cost me 150 quid :(