The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New from Japan

Guest MrSparkle80

Guest MrSparkle80

New member to this site, but not to forums or the car scene. Been an active member on a Chicago Nissan board for over 5 years, but recently picked up a '95 AT TT Supra here in Okinawa. I have signed up for a US Supra forum, an Aussie Supra forum, so why not this one too??! The car is in really great condition, with just under 78km, and the previous owner resprayed the car a Pearl Diamond White. The car came with upgraded Tein coilovers, 18's wheels and slightly wider tires, and an aftermarket exhaust. I have yet to get under the car here, because I don't own a place with a garage or have any tools, so I don't know if there are any other air flow modifications. I have already purchased a BCC, BOV, and FMIC (they are currently being shipped to me), and I am picking up a boost controller, downpipe, midpipe, SLD, and A/F controller in the next few weeks. I will also be ordering a set of custom wheels with new tires as a holiday gift to myself.

I bit about me...I am a clinical counselor from Chicago that recently took a contract job with the US Marines in Japan, so I will be here for 3 years minimum working in the high school here in Okinawa. My goal is to have the best combo looks/performance Supra on the island, so I think I am well on my way. Here are some pictures of the car currently:

And here are some pictures of the exhaust system. If anyone has a clue what brand it is or if it is 3' or larger, please let me know:

hi mate. welcome.

car looks nice, any idea what kit your running?

my old exhaust was a jap import and looked very similiar, is had a small mark on the very bottom underneath with a weird logo i could never make out. sounded lovely. any plans for future changes?

Guest MrSparkle80
hi mate. welcome.

car looks nice, any idea what kit your running?

my old exhaust was a jap import and looked very similiar, is had a small mark on the very bottom underneath with a weird logo i could never make out. sounded lovely. any plans for future changes?

Couldn't tell you. I knew close to nothing about the Supra before I picked it up here a few weeks ago. Since I don't know anyone here, I have been joining forums, reading up on the car, asking people for help on modifications to do, and pricing new/used parts. I noticed someone was selling an HKS SLD that I am looking for, but it just sold. Oh well. I'm in no hurry to get the parts because I have to figure out a place here I can go to get work done. People keep telling me there are hobby shops here that you can pay to use a lift to work on your car with their tools, but I have no mechanical ability whatsoever. Perhaps I can bribe some people with beer and pizza to help me out. I will look to see what kit the car has on it and if there are any markings on the exhaust.

Was the exhaust you had a 3' piping? I just need to figure that out because if it isn't, I'll need to add exhaust onto the list of gets..but this note is very sexy sounding, so it may be what you had. Did the tip of the can you had have the burnt titanium look on it?

Guest MrSparkle80

BTW, here are some pictures of my old car. The Supra won't have the same carbon fiber look and my new wheels will probably have matte black spokes with a deep lip.

A few weeks after I picked up the car and tossed on new wheels/tires:

Some shots after many thousands of dollars:

Hi Mate..

Welcome to the forum..

I am also living in Japan, I am in Nagoya...Been here since June 2010, leaving in June 2012 back to South Africa..

Congrats on the car.. You will enjoy it for sure.. I have my one since Feb this year.. Check out my garage..

Check out Yahoo Auction Japan, I bought alot of parts from there... Prices are pretty good...

Guest MrSparkle80

I looked it up and I think you are correct....though, I don't know if it the exact kit all the way around. The bumper and spoiler don't look like the ones in the pictures I saw. I'll have to keep looking around and get some pics of the rear.

Welcome to the club, and to Japan. There are hobby shops on most of the bases, and there are usually people hanging around that can help you with the simple stuff. Depending on what you want done, there are alot of shops on Okinawa. The guy at Ram Garage on 330 north of Futenma does really good engine work, just take someone that can translate if you don't speak Japanese. Sanjo's outside of Kadena Base gate #3 is a good place to get performance parts, but I heard they closed up shop. Auto Shop Turbo in Ginowan is another good place to go for parts. If you would rather buy used stuff, ask the guys at the hobby shop to introduce you to Michi (pronounced meechee); if you ask enough people, or find some drifters, someone will know who I am talking about. He is very knowledgeable and would be more than willing to help for some beer and the like...and he speaks English. I have a downpipe that I could sell you (sorry to the mods if this is breaking the rules), so if you are interested or have other questions about Oki let me know.