The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Changed my interior - A few questions (alarm, Seats)

The-Plethora

Recently I bought a black headlining and carpet to replace my grey one. Bit of an epic task in fitting it all but over the last week or so I finally got everything in place.

First question is the alarm

I accidentally knocked the wire out of the back of this sensor. Does this look like a standard toyota alarm to you or an aftermarket one? It does not seem to be fixable as the sensor unit is sealed. If it is a standard Toyota part does anyone know where abouts the physical connection for it ends up? I don't want to tear apart the dash whilst looking.

Second question is the passenger seat

Under the passenger seat is a metal box which appears to be the alarm and looks standard to me as it bolts onto the chassis. However when I took the passenger seat out I found this connector. To my untrained eye is seems to go into the belt buckle recepticle and I guess it's used for indicating if someone is sitting down not buckled up. But I cant see where the plug end would connect. Is this likely a passenger seat out of another car or is this a standard connection?

And finally...the money shot!

All found lurking under my carpet!

Cheers for any help

A stock seat and factory recaros plug in to the connector that then goes to the buckle. I'd imagine aftermarket ones have something similar.

The box under the pas seat is the amp for the stock headunit. Or that's where it Is on my uk car. Not needed usually if you have an aftermarket headunit

The wire and connector seems to come out of the belt clip rather than the plug going into it but can't see anywhere for it to go. If it doesn't do anything I will just remove it. Interesting about the amp though (and not being an audiophile) do people just run their speakers direct to the head unit and so the amp is redendant? I guess it covers an unsightly hole in the carpet.

Theres so many wires for me to trace, especially near the passenger footwell, got to move the sound / audio leads that used to go to the TV sunvisors and other gumph out of the way at some point, is there an easy way to get the stero out so I can get to it all? I don't have those metal puller thingies :(.

Cheers for the help

Yep that plug definitely plugs in to the loom under the seat.

The amp is usualy bypassed as the ones in new head units are more powerful anyway. There is an adapter you use on the wireing in the dash. You can get it in halfords. I forget what it's called. There is a thread stickied in the ice section iirc