The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new lad... got a 180sx... but want a supra!

Guest SX_BIG

Hello :)

im Matt from Essex...

i currently have a wide silvia 180sx after having a few s bodies.

I drift my cars but due to not being able to afford to keep skidding I want a mk4 Supra to roll around in ( i do a lot of motorway miles.. a lowered 180 with silly camber aint the most comfy ride in the world!)

My plan is to either swap the 180 for a supra or sell and buy ( the ol' fashioned way!)

anyho..

pics of the old cars

my first s14

then the navan (quite an infamous car)

and the current 'nice n wide' 180!

sorry about the pics... theres a few.

anyway, here to learn..use the search button lol. im on sxoc and Driftworks... i know ine or two people from here... bloke i use to work with has a aero 3l non turbo auto.. he's called Lee...

hi lee. :p you said i should get one :D

Edited by SX_BIG (see edit history)

Josh - cheers mate :) everyone loves pictures!

Swampy - cheers buddy :) im now on the hunt for a 3L NA manual.

if / when i get one, ill just be lowering it a touch, finding some nice wheels and enjoying it! ( famous last words)

cheers for the welcomes :D

tkddav3 - cheers dude! its an ex demo car from a company called presicion drift clothing. awesome motor but outta of the three was the only non turbo one!!!!!! nascar wheels and stock body kit really made it though.

tkddav3 - cheers dude! its an ex demo car from a company called presicion drift clothing. awesome motor but outta of the three was the only non turbo one!!!!!! nascar wheels and stock body kit really made it though.

mate with looks like that who needs a turbo ;) i think i remember seeing your black 200 for sale a while back, good luck with finding a supra mate :)

well, popped the 180 up for sale / swap today -

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drift-cars-sale-private-sales/161813-black-180sx-wide-arch-new-rbxs-swap.html

had a few offers so properly in the market for a supra now! seens a few na ones on here..... at what point on the 2jz engine is milage too high? i was hoping for a engine with circa 80k miles on it?

at what point on the 2jz engine is milage too high? i was hoping for a engine with circa 80k miles on it?

Hi and welcome!

It all depends on how well it's been looked after, as these things will last forever if properly maintained.

Mine for example, has just turned 90k (most of which were Km before it was converted to clock miles so it's about 60k miles I think) and still runs like new, or what I would imagine new to be. The main things are oil changes and proper coolant use to prevent internal corrosion and overheating, so whilst it isn't by any means a guarantee of good condition, try to find one with a fully stamped main dealer service history book and a new cam belt.

Toyota timing belts all come with a silver sticker that the mechanic should fill in with date and mileage that goes on the timing cover.

You're obviously on a budget though so it won't happen in most cases but you never know. When you find one you're interested in, ask for the latest MOT test number and VRM, (Number plate) and enter them here

http://motinfo.direct.gov.uk/internet/jsp/ECHID-Internet-History-Request.jsp

That will tell you about the car's test history and any advisories going back to about 2005-6 when they introduced the electronic system.

You'll get a good feel for how well it's previous owners have looked after it and how honest they are in their description of it. Totally free to do and if the owner is reluctant to give you the test number or doc. ref. number from the V5C, well.....

:run:

Edited by Morpheus (see edit history)

hi mate, cheers!

yes i am.. same username :)

Ahh cool... Several mates on there :)

One of my mates on there is breaking his 13 at the moment after buying a Supra! Same wheels/kit as yours... Black and yellow one. He's now on here as AGB ;)

Welcome again fella!

Dave

hi guys

wow, thank you very much for some of the in depth responses :) really helpfull! (morpheus, )

i always thought the jz was a solid engine but i guess with everything, history is important!

i ususally try and buy from forum members,, then stalk all their previous posts haha! (suprasize )!! LOL!

cheers for the comments on the cars. they were all loads of fun!

im off hunting! :eyebrows:

thread hi jack :D I have a manual non turbo for sale soon :) 52000 miles.... was going to fit a tt engine in her but decided to just buy an rz ... anyways hi and welcome :D good first post dude

love the shameless plug, YHPM!

Ahh cool... Several mates on there :)

One of my mates on there is breaking his 13 at the moment after buying a Supra! Same wheels/kit as yours... Black and yellow one. He's now on here as AGB ;)

Welcome again fella!

Dave

i know the car! didnt know it was breaking!

sorry for the multi posts! writing quick at work lol

cheers man...

damnit... im on the hunt for chrome spinners and glitter paint... NOTHING ELSE WILL DO!

nah.. a clean example will be nice. not gonna go mad with it once i have it anyway :)

cheers man...

damnit... im on the hunt for chrome spinners and glitter paint... NOTHING ELSE WILL DO!

nah.. a clean example will be nice. not gonna go mad with it once i have it anyway :)

Most are clean lol, i meant do a thorough check on the mechanicals, most are in need of quite a few parts

these days as their getting on for 18 yrs old, radiators, heater matrix, brake pipes, brake calipers, suspension wishbones etc etc are all on the verge of failing unless they've been replaced ;)