The mkiv Supra Owners Club

identify Euro turbos from J-spec

Hellstrom

For identification i would measure the internal wastegate, i assume if the seller wants to sale them the turbos are alreadily taken from the car,

i know the internal wastegate of the j-spec turbos is smaller in diameter then the euro-spec/uk-spec/us-spec.

I will search for the wastegate diameter on both of the as i cant remeber it at the moment but will come back with the diameters.

But why not get a set of j-spec turbochargers and get them hybrid made. No installation issues.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?156897-Are-94-Stock-J-spec-Twin-Turbos-Ball-bearing

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?624130-JDM-USDM-Turbo-manifold-and-OBD1-ECU-questions

i would try to hybrid the Euro turbos, its more for a project as for now iam just rebuilding the engine. I just want to keep the stock look the early spool and maybe get about 450-500hk in the future. Iam not doing this at this point as i want to take 1 thing at the time. also the costs for going above 400hk is going to cost some. Future plan is to get

Higher lift cam with more duration.

Fuel/timing controll

Euro turbos with bigger wheels

That why i asked more or less. anyways if the euro has 4bolts/turbo to manifold thats enough to judge wether its a euro or not :) thanks for the information lads!

Cheers

Iam going to bump this thread as iam most likely going to buy a set of euro turbos. My question is. does the J-spec have 3bolts/turbo? and euro have 4 bolts per turbo. can anyone confirm that this is a rule and cant be mixed up with VVTI turbos or what not. the setup iam going to buy have 4bolts/turbo.