The mkiv Supra Owners Club

really annoyed grrrr coilover probs lol

ashbuster

been trying to change the rear to coilovers and was having probs getting the old lot out

my stepdad said i wouldnt get it out untill i undo the bottom nut from under neath and he undone it

fair enough i got the old one out and now i carnt get that bolt back in, its far away from where it should be and i carnt leaver it back

any ideas what im supost to do?

im not very good at explaining things but its the bottom nut and bolt right under where the wheel goes :) lol

ohh and i should mention ,

heres a pik

circled in red

Edited by ashbuster (see edit history)

Why did you undo the strut rod to change the rear shocker? You only need to unbolt the bottom bolt on the shocker, the 3 at the top and lever the suspension down and its out.

Sounds to me that your going to have to take the shocker back off, take the weight off the suspension and try to move it back into position.

Take it easy if you are on your own, don't make a slight balls up even worse!

If you get the leverage to get it close to lining up, then arm yourself with a strong screw driver or similar to try and poke through the joint. It won't need perfect alignment to get this through and then you can have a rest and see which way you need to tweak/hold it whilst attempting to get the bolt back through. I've done this a few times on other jobs where you end up trying, failing and quickly putting the screw driver back to get the use of your muscles back ready for another go. NB if you can get a rod that is only 1-2mm smaller than the actual bolt through, then you stand more chance of doing the hold hub-remove rod-locate bolt-tweak things-push bolt through-pickup wooden/copper mallet-tap right through-breath a sigh of relief-have a cup of tea, method [GRIN][/GRIN]

re the leverage this is a completely theoretical idea ie i've never tried it! but you might be able to pop a ring spanner over a wheel stud and then fully tighten down a wheel nut onto this........this should allow you to see better re the alignment the danger is damaging a wheel stud?

oh and next time pop on here to search for full walkthroughs of stuff or refer to here if you are ever just dive into somethig and then find you are struggling, 10 mins having a tea break and searching on here would have seen you leave that bolt well alone. Well done for gettign stuck in though.

Edited by Scooter (see edit history)

hi mate

i was using the guide on here and everything was going fine,

and he said the suspension wont come out unless we get that bolt out so it will all drop down to give it enough clearence

and i couldnt lever it anywhere near to put a screwdriver in mate really hard

nice one bud

any recommendations for one in the west mids area?

theres a couple really local but last time i used them they scratched my car up

If you're desperate, I've got some brute force you can borrow. If I break your car though, I'll probably just leg it! :p

lol nice offer mate, when ive finished painting the bedroom to keep the misses happy ill have another look

are you local then mate? ive been told its easier with ratchet straps so im trying to get hold of some at the minit :)

and to be honest mate you carnt do much worse than it is now lol

lol nice offer mate, when ive finished painting the bedroom to keep the misses happy ill have another look

are you local then mate? ive been told its easier with ratchet straps so im trying to get hold of some at the minit :)

and to be honest mate you carnt do much worse than it is now lol

stepdad broke my spat too :0

I'm in Halesowen, where abouts are you located?

Did he knock the spat off?

spat was cracked mate and he kindof finished it off

supose there not too expensive tho lol

in in brownhills mate in walsall, my brother is coming down to see if he can help so will get back to you bud :)

Ah cool, hopefully you can sort it.

Don;t let josh anywhere near it!

Sound advice that! :D