The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello everyone

Guest dave_424

Guest dave_424

Just thought I would say hi to everyone. I'm 18 years old studying Mechanical engineering at university and REALLY want a supra. I plan on getting a Supra within the next few years, weather its a NA or TT will depend on funds. Just before I came to uni me and a friend built a class 8 autograss car with a zx9 engine. One thing I plan on doing is turbo charging it for possibly my final year project at university. I have a few questions regarding supra ECU's that I will post in the appropriate part of the forum.

Dave

Guest dave_424

Here is a video in the dark http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDC85HPXGT0, terrible traction issues, and only 1 of 4 carb needles were lifting. Also what sounds like fuel cut was probably because of bad fueling due to the needles not lifting.

The whole thing was built on a budget with an old frame. Total cost was about £1000 and took about 3-4 months of weekends. Not bad for 300 hp per tonne with a 6 speed sequential gearbox :)

Will upload pictures later, got a mechatronics lecture in 9 minutes :)

Dave

Here is a video in the dark http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDC85HPXGT0, terrible traction issues, and only 1 of 4 carb needles were lifting. Also what sounds like fuel cut was probably because of bad fueling due to the needles not lifting.

The whole thing was built on a budget with an old frame. Total cost was about £1000 and took about 3-4 months of weekends. Not bad for 300 hp per tonne with a 6 speed sequential gearbox :)

Will upload pictures later, got a mechatronics lecture in 9 minutes :)

Dave

nippy little thing looks damn good fun. And for the price that cant be bad.

Guest dave_424

OK having problems with photobucket but here are some more videos, note that I didn't build the frame, I managed to find it in a scrap yard :)

Also note that in every video so far, only 1 carburettor needle lifts at full throttle. After we fixed this problem my friends dad was snaking all over the field from the extra power and managed to roll it :(

So far I have shattered 2 Ford Sierra Cosworth CV joints :)

Pictures will follow

Guest dave_424

Here are the pics, Also note in the videos that we have to let off the throttle about half way down the field, because the brakes are awful and often the pedal just goes straight to the floor and requires 4-5 pedal pumps to get any brakes. So far we have had about 70 mph out of it in that field, gps verified

This was after the roll...

Aren't the rear wheels supposed to be straight???

Now THAT is some extreme toe out haha

And this was the beast we were racing in one of the videos, a £20,000 buggy with a honda 900 fire blade engine. And we are still quicker than him haha