The mkiv Supra Owners Club

anyone else hear this?

ashbuster

never been in a supra before so i can only go on what im hearing but it dont sound right

when accelerating i hear alot of air gushing now i dont know if i ts normal but on my others cars ive had then straight away it would be a boost leak somewhere

but im not sure with a supra if its suppost to sound like this

dont sound right to me i think its coming from the drivers side

ive looked and everything looks fine apart from the electrics on the car a total mess and needs an auto electrician on it, hate it when idiots mess with electrics on a car and bodge everything together and mess it all up

the standard air box has been "chucked" back in the car all loose and theres a filter in it im not sure if this is right but theres a part at the bottom front and on the top right side thats just open on the box , not sure if piping should be fed to it

and its evertime im on boost :) i take it its just normal

So the front of the stock airbox is open and there's no top feed attached to the right side of it and screwed into the top of the radiator?

Not sure if it would be bad for the engine as long as the filter is in there securely, but I'd definitely get those parts, or maybe even a new airbox. Speak to Keron.

yeah thats right mate

shouldnt have had the original airbox on it should have come with the k&n type cone but was changed before the car was bought to me and i didnt check

i thought there should be some pipework because it will be sucking all the hot air in

Ah cool. Yeah, definitely get the missing parts for it so it can work efficiently.

do you know a cheap auto electrician ? lol

lights dont work on the dials and the cigerette lighter dont work and the light on it dont work and loads of other crazy crap been messed with

I'm afraid not, no. Where abouts in the West Mids are you?

Tbh, if you're handy with a spanner or electrics, you could probably sort the problems yourself with advice from here. But if you say it's a complete mess, maybe it'd be better to get a professional on the case.

ive looked and everything looks fine apart from the electrics on the car a total mess and needs an auto electrician on it, hate it when idiots mess with electrics on a car and bodge everything together and mess it all up

the standard air box has been "chucked" back in the car all loose and theres a filter in it im not sure if this is right but theres a part at the bottom front and on the top right side thats just open on the box , not sure if piping should be fed to it

and its evertime im on boost :) i take it its just normal

I have the part that is the cold air feed for the 'top right' if you're interested - yours for a £5 + post?