The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Massive thanks to Ryan G!!

redsupraman82

As some of you know i have been really banging my head against the wall while doing my N/A auto to TT/ Manual conversion! im not a mechanic, but have a lot of 'have a go' attitude and learned a lot in the process!

Everything had been installed gearbox conversion plate, gearbox engine etc.... and then when it came to the magic moment to finally start her up.....Nothing! it would turnover but not start!

after a lot of research and investigation and a LOT of help from peeps on here it turned out i was getting no power to my fuel pump. after a lot of testing things and checking this and checking that etc, Ryan offered his services to come to my house and have a look for me! i have been trying to sort this problem for about 3 months.

Within about 10 min of Ryan being there, she started?!! WOW one happy bunny................. then he told me what it was.

Apparently on the loom to the ECU there is a orange plug that clips on to the incar harness.........and there is a white plastic clamp that clips down to push the pins all the way in.

so im sure you can guess what i had not spotted!!, Yes after all that work, one stupid clip!! so theres one for you guys doing a n/a to TT swap! anyway as he was already there he checked over all my work and was all very happy!!

So One MAssive Thanks to the Ledgend that is......Ryan G! However, it does not stop there, after taking her for a quick spin round the block, i got back and discovered a puddle of PAS fluid. i have checked it out underneath and there is oil coming from the boot on the drivers side and what looks like to be pas fluid coming from the bottom of the rack!

Where does this end? im not sure my can do attitude can take much more!! i just want to DRIVE HER!!!

ps_rebuild3542.jpg

basically this bit, although, i do remember removing one of the banjo lines....i wonder if i put the gastet o ring thing back on property? maybe i had better check that first bud, if you dont mind! because if im right that could leak down and look like its coming from the rack part?? if you can keep it aside for me till next week, i will have a look at the lines PROPERLY and let you know mate.