The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Differant fuel types and prices

Graham1984

I saw a thread that states petrol will be rising soon so I was wondering what petrol everyone runs there supra's on. I run mine on tesco momentum as it is 99octane and having a jspec all jap cars are used to being run on high octane as if I remember right (prob not) there lowest octane fuel is 100ron. Anyway it cost £140.9 a litre at chichester west sussex but what about you guy's and girl's as I see there are a lot of people who do not pay nearly as much.

Another Tesco 99 man here, many threads on the forum (one quite recently) about tests with Tesco 99 and V Power... I only use Tesco as it is on my doorstep, and is pretty cheap (£1.38) at the moment. Car was mapped on V-Power but I dont see knock on full chat with 99. I even sometimes use 95 ron but make sure it doesnt come on boost at all if I'm being a scrooge...

I think about being a scrooge at times but then remember how laggy it feels when I do so just stick it out with premium. On the plus side though it is only a bit more and makes the car run a lot better.

Loads of people think the v-power is the best but it is only 97ron like most other premium fuels. I forgot about the tesco's vouchers as I have a few kicking about and ought to use them.

Guest Supra_boy

V-power all the way. Asda is the worst in my opinion.. and to be honest I would hardly ever use 95 in mine! I'd rather pay a bit more for the cleaner stuff as my car runs like a dream on it!

Guest Supra_boy

Tbh it all boils down to how much you would want to spend on petrol. Obvioulsy the higher grade will perform better but if you cant afford it then run it standard 95. Its not going to kill the car and the car will be mapped to its full potential on whatever choice of petrol you use.

Loads of people think the v-power is the best but it is only 97ron like most other premium fuels. I forgot about the tesco's vouchers as I have a few kicking about and ought to use them.

VPower won in a dyno comparison test, was published some time ago. Are you sure it's only 97ron and not 99ron?