The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi all!

JDukesy

Hi everyone. Been a member of the forum for a little while now and last night bought myself a supra 3.0 na 5 speed manual. Im totally new to supra ownership and am very excited about it. First things first got a few things to sort out on it. Has a rattle coming from underneath the car when at very low speeds sounds right in the centre? any suggestions as to what this could be would be greatly appreciated as i have not had a chance to look into yet. Also front splitter has a crack so gona get that fixed and while im at it add some of the OEM style rear spats. Again any suggestions as to other mods are welcome, birthday and christams coming up so need to get a wish list together haha! Only had a chance to get a few pics but here goes. 07112011373.jpg08112011378.jpg08112011381.jpg

Welcome mate. Looks like RobertGs old car!?

Knocking in the middle could be the exhaust hitting or engine/transmission mounts!? Where exactly and what does dies it sound like!?

Need to get yourself along to a few meets in the spring. In the meantime there are a few beardies that stay up your way that own Sups and I'm sure they will keep you right.:thumbs:

Yeah it is Roberts car, spotted it on pistonheads.

I thought it was the exhaust at first also but not sure. It goes away as soon as i give it any revs, just if i pull away with really low revs you can hear it kind of a rattle/grind, sounds like its coming from the very middle of the underside. i will maybe try and get a video of it later. Yeah will absolutely be coming to meets in the spring. Planning to get it all cleaned up and looking good over the winter. Oh and on a side note, your profile pic is awesome hahaha!

Ok thanks i will have a look at the heat shield. Haha westy ill have to check them out! Yeah i thought i got it for a really good price! Does need a little bit of tidying up but so far seems pretty sound! Very happy although not had a chance to take it for a proper drive yet. Not insuring it for another week. Its gona be a long week haha!!

Thanks all! Just ordered my OEM style spats! Should be here early next week then its off to the body shop to fit and get cracked splitter sorted and rest of the bodywork tidied up. Also looking to get some new seats as the stock ones are not very supportive anymore and look a bit dated. Also looking into changing over the LED's on the dash as they to look dated but have been looking at the DIY on here and not sure if i would be up to the task? Never done anything like it before. Is there anyone up my way who does this or could help me do it?

Thanks all! Just ordered my OEM style spats! Should be here early next week then its off to the body shop to fit and get cracked splitter sorted and rest of the bodywork tidied up. Also looking to get some new seats as the stock ones are not very supportive anymore and look a bit dated. Also looking into changing over the LED's on the dash as they to look dated but have been looking at the DIY on here and not sure if i would be up to the task? Never done anything like it before. Is there anyone up my way who does this or could help me do it?

hey man, where abouts in grampian are you? I'm just the centre of aberdeen along with monsween and there are a good few other members. Monsween has the LED dash but i'm sure he bought the LED kit off heckler on here.

oh and thats a great looking supra you've got too! :thumbs:

Hi guys! Car will be kept out in aboyne through the winter...we have a barn which it will be staying in :D. I go to RGU though so have a flat in town and sometimes keep the car in town. Would be great to meet a few other local supra owners as im totally new to supra's! Marc you have the black de-spoilered supra right? Saw it on union street once, had to stop and stare haha! How easy is it to install the LED dash? would really like one, not a fan of the dull green dash lights!

Very happy with the car still not had a proper drive in it yet though! gona wait till i get the spats fitted and front sorted out! Very excited haha!

Hi guys! Car will be kept out in aboyne through the winter...we have a barn which it will be staying in :D. I go to RGU though so have a flat in town and sometimes keep the car in town. Would be great to meet a few other local supra owners as im totally new to supra's! Marc you have the black de-spoilered supra right? Saw it on union street once, had to stop and stare haha! How easy is it to install the LED dash? would really like one, not a fan of the dull green dash lights!

Very happy with the car still not had a proper drive in it yet though! gona wait till i get the spats fitted and front sorted out! Very excited haha!

yeah i have a black despoiled one, there's another about town but it's mostly stock, there's pics in my gallery below vvv.

most of the meets we attend up here are the Team-beard meets... (long story.....some of us look like terrorists.. ok, short story i guess.. ) which is a great bunch of car owners from all different marks of car, everything is on the Facebook page- http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Beard/157593177599341

probably won't be many more meets this year due to the weather getting worse but next year should see a lot to come. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
There will be some Team Beard meets coming up in the next few weeks since the weather is improving and cars are coming out of hiding (and Marc has his wheels back on :p)

Keep an eye on the Facebook page and come along! :D

Thanks :D I missed the first one this year, looked at the pics after and majorly regretted not going haha! Definitely not going to miss the next one! Yeah i have liked the facebook page so will do!

Thanks :D I missed the first one this year, looked at the pics after and majorly regretted not going haha! Definitely not going to miss the next one! Yeah i have liked the facebook page so will do!

Awesome, look forward to seeing you there! Yours will add a nice splash of colour to an otherwise black, white and gunmetal supra fleet up here right now! ;)

I'm the one with the sharpie'd mx5 ;)

Awesome, look forward to seeing you there! Yours will add a nice splash of colour to an otherwise black, white and gunmetal supra fleet up here right now! ;)

I'm the one with the sharpie'd mx5 ;)

Haha i hope so, it will also stand out because its a lowly n/a amoungst all the TT power :( lol! Look forward to meeting you all! :D