The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MAJOR rear arch modification being carried out by Matt.....

Jamesy

Dropped my car down with Matt last week to have some rear arch work done.

As my rear wheels are a very agressive fitment of 18x11 et24 and pretty wide 315 tyres they were catching badly.

Had arch enemy out to do a little flair but wasnt at all happy with their work, not to mention the nice dent they stuck on my rear wing! :(

So dropped the car with Matt to "make it all alright" - now Matt's worked on my car loads in the past and always been delighted with his work, but this is something on another level.

Might not to everyones taste, but i have always liked cars to be slammed, and have really wide wheels that literally just fit past the arches :D .... Matt has now custom made the arches just like i wanted (same as some of the drift cars)...with a pretty big flare and as you can see by the pic the tyres fit with mm's to spare....the shocks been removed so we know it will never catch.

Really happy with the work so far that he's done - Legend :hi:

When it started:

The Magic begins:

:D

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dropped my car down with Matt last week to have some rear arch work done.

As my rear wheels are a very agressive fitment of 18x11 et24 and pretty wide 315 tyres they were catching badly.

Had arch enemy out to do a little flair but wasnt at all happy with their work, not to mention the nice dent they stuck on my rear wing! :(

So dropped the car with Matt to "make it all alright" - now Matt's worked on my car loads in the past and always been delighted with his work, but this is something on another level.

Might not to everyones taste, but i have always liked cars to be slammed, and have really wide wheels that literally just fit past the arches :D .... Matt has now custom made the arches just like i wanted (same as some of the drift cars)...with a pretty big flare and as you can see by the pic the tyres fit with mm's to spare....the shocks been removed so we know it will never catch.

Really happy with the work so far that he's done - Legend :hi:

The Magic begins:

?

:blink:

That is indeed the correct way, assuming you mean remove the spring, (not the damper), and see if clearance exists right down hard onto the bump stops. Not to my liking as my mechanical sypathy knows what you are asking of the rear hub bearings now, but at least it won't have to be sprung so hard as to stop fouling. The dynamic camber change dropped that low will mean you will be getting very chummy with your tyre vendor :)

If you remove the shock it allows you to jack the wheel right up so you know how much clearance you have and you can mould it so that the wheel/tyre doesnt rub :)

Thats okay then :) thought you'd done away with it for a moment :D

You do know your running too wide a tyre on the 11" rims ? 285/295 are the optimum size.

315 is spot on for a 12" rim

The dynamic camber change dropped that low will mean you will be getting very chummy with your tyre vendor :)

Yes very true Chris - although as much as i'd like it dropped "this" low i dont think the car would clear anything on the roads so may have to come up a smidge!!

Thats okay then :) thought you'd done away with it for a moment :D

You do know your running too wide a tyre on the 11" rims ? 285/295 are the optimum size.

315 is spot on for a 12" rim

Yeah mate i know they are big but it gives me a nice sidewall which "should" help with traction!!! :D

Edited by Jamesy (see edit history)

Looks nice, but is it staying that low? Looks as if one bump would destroy the arch bu the tire?

Will come up a bit mate but the lower the better - obviously i need to make sure the front suspensiopn is matched else its gonna look daft being a lot lower at the back :)

I think that looks awesome :cool: As you said - very drift looking. Nice plan with the getting her to sit as low as possible to work out the max limit then basing the flare around that - did the same with the wheel when doing the arch work to mine before the overfenders went on. Looking forward to seeing it painted! :thumbs:

Edited by d-_-b (see edit history)

Im going to reserve judgement on the look untill its finished but as long as you like it then its a win :)

No worries mate - regarding performance a lot of drift cars run this kind of look and they certainly push their cars to the limit! :)

b;3245068']I think that looks awesome :cool: As you said - very drift looking. Nice plan with the getting her to sit as low as possible to work out the max limit then basing the flare around that - did the same with the wheel when doing the arch work to mine before the overfenders went on. Looking forward to seeing it painted! :thumbs:

thank you mate :)