The mkiv Supra Owners Club

single mapping for aem fic where?

mellonman

should be completing the single install soon,

but i have a aem fic installed and i know there rubish but its there and want to get the car back on the road and then save for a better ecu later down the line

problem is that ryan g has already said to me that he doesnt want to map it as i abuse the car on the track and what not and the ecu is not suitable,

so are there any other mappers that are any good with the aem fic around? local to kent would be nice,

i have spoken to san speed and they are happy to do it but they probaly havent done may supras which dont bother me that much but i want the mapper to be fluent with the aem fic

the fic is rubish because the resilution is poor and the way it adjusts, does work but wouldnt want to push for power in them at all, yes they was being pushed last year but the trueth is they are poor have a look at the aem forum its a lonely place with alot of people with problems but no solutions.

im abit stuck as im saving for a wedding and engagement party so things are tight and she would kill me

Edited by mellonman (see edit history)

what problems are you having are you single turbo

Yes im single turbo. Im having a boost issues which has slowly got worse, it will hesitate at around 1bar when it should be boosting to 1.5bar. For roughly a 2 weeks after mapping it was fine then it started to hestitate in 3rd well on full boost. Couple of weeks after it started to pop and bang an awful lot in 2nd and now it just hesitates just like 3rd gear. It seems to me as it just doesnt like high boost.

doesnt sound good, reset you stock ecu and see if it gets better again, also have a read this that i took from the aem web site

We have seen a couple of vehicles that had erratic misfires (especially at high load) which would go away if you bypassed the cam or crank signals so they were not intercepted by the FIC. All vehicles used magnetic sensors and missing-tooth crank trigger wheels. After measuring the signals with an oscilloscope, we could see that the signals were a bit noisy, and the FIC inputs were sensitive enough that they picked up noise and sent an extra cam pulse to the ECU. The solution was to install a 2k ohm resistor with one side connected to Crank MAGI(+) and the other side connected to Crank MAGI(-). Another 2k resistor installed with one side connected to Cam1 MAGI(+) and the other side connected to Cam1 MAGI(-).

make sure you let me know if any of this helps as we are in the same boat, ie up the creak without a paddle

Yes im single turbo. Im having a boost issues which has slowly got worse, it will hesitate at around 1bar when it should be boosting to 1.5bar. For roughly a 2 weeks after mapping it was fine then it started to hestitate in 3rd well on full boost. Couple of weeks after it started to pop and bang an awful lot in 2nd and now it just hesitates just like 3rd gear. It seems to me as it just doesnt like high boost.

That sounds like the coil packs are breaking down or the plugs, I would first fit a decent set of plugs in the correct heat range and if that doeasnt help change the coil pack connectors, if still no joy then try and borrow a known good set of coilpacks, one of these will be your issue.

doesnt sound good, reset you stock ecu and see if it gets better again, also have a read this that i took from the aem web site

We have seen a couple of vehicles that had erratic misfires (especially at high load) which would go away if you bypassed the cam or crank signals so they were not intercepted by the FIC. All vehicles used magnetic sensors and missing-tooth crank trigger wheels. After measuring the signals with an oscilloscope, we could see that the signals were a bit noisy, and the FIC inputs were sensitive enough that they picked up noise and sent an extra cam pulse to the ECU. The solution was to install a 2k ohm resistor with one side connected to Crank MAGI(+) and the other side connected to Crank MAGI(-). Another 2k resistor installed with one side connected to Cam1 MAGI(+) and the other side connected to Cam1 MAGI(-).

make sure you let me know if any of this helps as we are in the same boat, ie up the creak without a paddle

Just forwarded that info off AEM website to my mapper and he said it shouldnt be a problem to do but i think in the meantime im gonna take dudes advise and change coilpack connectors and see if that makes a difference as its the cheapest option. I will keep you posted though mate, we will fight through this together till the end! :p

Also when you say reset the stock ecu will that affect my current map on the AEM at all? i.e. Run lean

That sounds like the coil packs are breaking down or the plugs, I would first fit a decent set of plugs in the correct heat range and if that doeasnt help change the coil pack connectors, if still no joy then try and borrow a known good set of coilpacks, one of these will be your issue.

What grade plugs would you recommend dude? Im currently using NGKBKR 8EIX's.

resetting the stock ecu will reset all the fuel trims it doesnot affect the fic, its hard to map the fic with out knowing the fuel trims but that should be only in closed loop (when keeping to 14.7 afr) part throttle.the map might go lean over time you would have to screw the o2 signal so it thinks its leaner or richer to get correct fueling. but as its when your on full boost it does seem to be what dude said about coil packs first place to start.