The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel fitment and sizes?

Guest Gymbob

Just wandering whats the lowest offset and biggest size wheel/tyre size you can fit on the front and rear of a jza80 with a roll and small pull on the arches. i have 18x10 et15's which i think will fit easy (235/40, and 245/40) but i also have 18x9.5 et0's and 18x12.5 et0 with a 225/40, 275/35 just wandering if they'd fit or i'd need wider arches

Just wandering whats the lowest offset and biggest size wheel/tyre size you can fit on the front and rear of a jza80 with a roll and small pull on the arches. i have 18x10 et15's which i think will fit easy (235/40, and 245/40) but i also have 18x9.5 et0's and 18x12.5 et0 with a 225/40, 275/35 just wandering if they'd fit or i'd need wider arches

The wheels in the pics below are Front 18x9.0 +32 / Rear 18x10.0 +32, as a comparison:

Rear 18x10 +15 would extend 17mm further out.

Front 18x9.5 0 would extend 38mm further out.

Rear 18x12.5 0 would extend 64mm further out.

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=744&d=1134501037

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=741&d=1134500967

haha i want something which isnt expensive as itll be for drifting..

If you are using the car for drifting, wide, low offset wheels are not going to have a good effect on handling.

The stock bodywork will be a lot stronger than a cheap FRP kit if you have any minor knocks and bumps whilst drifting, also seems a bit arse about face fitting the bodywork around the wheels.

alright you two im not going to start an argument haha basically i have 18x10's et15's all around which i normally use for drifting on my silvia and the 18x9.5 and 12.5's are more showy i like that supra James looks awesome mind me asking where you got the diffuser from i had one on my old one but it was on the car when i got it and went with it :(

And you both have good points obviasly metal is best but i do like the kitted look with mega wide wheels as long as its not daft think i might have a look at cutting the old arches off and making some out of metal if its been done before with like a 50mm flare

Edited by Gymbob (see edit history)