The mkiv Supra Owners Club

security

Guest JJ-88

Just had my supra broken into recently and caught the car thief in the car before he could do much damage, anyway way have a broken window and bust ignition barrel. Has anyone any advice on car security?

Jason

did you grab hold of him ??? At the end of the day mate you can only do the norm..Cat 1 alarm..maybe steering lock etc as what Richard listed....At the end of the day if they want it they will find a way round all the security.... Your best bet is keep it in a Garage..out of sight

step1 - Give the thief a good kicking, make sure thats he gets a good seeing too, to bring out rapid bruising and soreness throughout his entire body.

step2 - Drag him to the Police stating that you found him in your car trying to steal it, if they ask what the hell happened to him, say no idea(he was like this already)

step3 - go buy a cat1 alarm, but this is only a deterrent, if they want your car there going to get it, just a matter of time.

step4 - Look into a Garage for the car to be kept.

step5- if all else fails, go find the thief again and take your anger back out on him, for wasting your time and money. :D

step1 - Give the thief a good kicking, make sure thats he gets a good seeing too, to bring out rapid bruising and soreness throughout his entire body.

step2 - Drag him to the Police stating that you found him in your car trying to steal it, if they ask what the hell happened to him, say no idea(he was like this already)

step3 - go buy a cat1 alarm, but this is only a deterrent, if they want your car there going to get it, just a matter of time.

step4 - Look into a Garage for the car to be kept.

step5- if all else fails, go find the thief again and take your anger back out on him, for wasting your time and money. :D

:yeahthat:

Did you not make him pay for the damage? I hear a new window costs about 3 teeth and a broken rib.

What did you do when you caught him ?

:yeahthat:

I once cought a large gang of young lads breaking into a modified Peugeot 106 Rolland Garros in a car park. I was on my own, so I got in my car (a big 4x4) and drove right upto them with the headlights on full. I asked them what they were upto, and they reckoned it was one of their cars. They were all on BMXs so I knew they where lying.

This was in the city centre, so I decided to drive off and find a Police van, which I found within a couple of minutes.

I drove straight back, with the police 5 minutes behind me.

By the time I'd got back, they'd all gone and the car was in such a state. Broken windows, a bent door, all the stereo nicked. However, they'd also gone at the seats with a Stanley knife. I had seriously considered jumping on the lot of them on my own, I'm so glad I didn't as they could have turned that knife on me.

I don't generally recommend people walk around with weapons, however someone who has broken into a car is likely to have at least a screwdriver on them. If you must approach a car thief do so with caution, preferably armed and not alone.