The mkiv Supra Owners Club

R154 gearbox question....

Noz

Hi all.

I've found a gearbox for sale, its from a breakers. Matey emailed me saying he was 320 for it, its in good condition and from a 91 Turbo Mk3 supra manual.

My question is: How can I tell its 100% a R154 gearbox. There must be a part number listed on the box somewhere, or will it actually say R154? I'd like to get a photo of any numbers on the box which could tell me this box is definitely a turbo manual box.

WASTE OF TIME!!!!!

the guy wouldnt even send me some photos. he sounded like he barely knew english and said he wanted me address to give me a quote to ship it to my door!! Sounds like a time waster. Wanted me to send payment without seeing any photos.

Idiots! Rant over....

CHECK THIS!!!

the guy just replied to me and emailed me a photo of the gearbox from this thread:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?212611-mk3-manual-gearbox

i googled `supra mk3 turbo manual gearbox` in images and this popped up:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&sugexp=lttma,n%3D200&cp=23&gs_id=22&xhr=t&q=supra+turbo+mk3+gearbox&pq=supra+turbo+mk3+gearbox&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1280&bih=857&wrapid=tljp132032142782520&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

you can actually SEE the photo on google!! what a dumb ass!!! can't beleive i nearly got ripped!!

I'll be running 400 with the w58 with stage 4 clutch and flywheel. that wont last forever with that kinda power. so will be on the hunt for a R154, until then i just wont hit the box hard constantly, though it may fail anyway.

new gearbox will probably mean a new bhp target is possible :)