The mkiv Supra Owners Club

OBX Manifold - anyone used them?

Graham1984

The OBX is the one i have on at the moment, it needed alot of work to make it fit and needed screw in 02 sensors which i bought from the USA (they were for a camaro)

You don't need a 1st decat as the whole manifold replaces your old manifold and cat.

TBH i wouldn't buy one brand new as they can be a pain to fit and costly, not trying to sell mine here or anything but i am after £70 for mine which shows the quality reflected in the price.

EDIT If you click the link in my sig to the dyno run you can hear just how raspy the OBX one is.

Cheers Neil I saw a few youtube videos with them in and I know what you mean about the sound plus I have a kakimoto cat back exhaust no silencer so it is bloody loud atm anyway so god knows what it will be like with that manifold as well.

Have you had that manifold fitted for a Rhd car then as my friendly mate will not be so friendly when I surprise him from a weld up job to a can of worms.

I am amazed at the lack of replacement parts for the Na that don't require beating with a hammer/modding and have more respect for everyone that has been down the costly time consuming road of trial and error.

Apologies to Gaz6002 newbie by name newbie by nature.

I have the S/Steel 321 OBX Manifold - Lee customised it a bit to fit with my Full race Dp but the build quality of it is very good- on closer inspection it sdeems to be a ciopy of the HKS manifold with design work mounted around a bit of flexibility rather than allowing it to crack. :)

Yes mine has had alot of work to make it fit, the runners were cut and rewelded to the flange then some of the bolt holes had to be cut as the head studs were no where near right, i have had it on for a year now with no problems, i am only selling as i plan on getting a custom job done.

Nice 1 cheers neil my mate is having a look at mine Saturday morning so depending if the hole on the manifold is more than the tiny one I saw the other day I will pm you and take that one off your hands as I cannot be bothered to find and mod one for my Rhd and would prefer to get one of someone on here that's made one fit well that works.

Will it fit straight into the stock 2nd cat or will it be best to get a 2nd decat pipe in your opinion?

Cheers Neil I saw a few youtube videos with them in and I know what you mean about the sound plus I have a kakimoto cat back exhaust no silencer so it is bloody loud atm anyway so god knows what it will be like with that manifold as well

I have an autobhan 88 manifold, double decat and no silencer and my car is really really loud

But i love it lol

Autobahn 88 niiice :) Lovely manifold! 3" outlet?Wanted to buy one of these but ended up on a fraudy (ab88) rip off site and got the obx mani... Would have fitted it. But luckily one of Nics poped up :D you could always wait for whifbitz or another one of Nics to show?! But if your like me and far to impatient :D can't see a problem with Neil's mani :) even if it is just temp? Cheap enough... Or you could just buy a second hand stock NA manifold cheap & rip out all that Eco bumf stuffed in the bottom :D

I try not to worry about price too much but just experience is what lets me down as some say autobahn88 stuff was not bad then some say avoid at all costs... sighhhhhhhhh. Surprised the whifbitzs one is not about yet which is a shame as I imagine that will be that section of the market cornered pretty much in one go along with the nics manifolds when they pop up seam to be sought after.

Yeah just makesure it's autobahn88 not ab88.co.uk. Ab88 sell the obx manifold which is the problem one. as Neil explained earlier it's designed for lhd supras. And thats where you get the steering collum problems...But the official autobahn88 manifold is gooood :) the official has it's name on a plate welded on the piping.& a lovely 3" outlet compared to the other current 2 options of 2.5" :)

I was going to say be careful you don't get stung with the import charge... But it looks like they don't sell them on the official site anymore... But here's where NOT to shop:

http://www.ab88.co.uk/mobile_product_info.php?pName=ab88-autobahn-88-exhaust-manifold-header-toyota-supra-na-jza80-non-turbo

Tried sending mine back explaining it wouldn't fit without modding. Arranged to get them to pick up... Postman never came!& stopped replying to emails!

If you use autobahn88.com then go to there uk site it adds in a autobahn88-performance.co.uk and there is even some cheeky fu**er using autobahn88.co.uk. How many people want to rip off one site is amazing to me to be honest.

Unless I find out sat I don't need another manifold or nic pm's me saying he will send another batch I will be msg nic and getting his modded obx off of him although I wonder if I should use it or frame it???