The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hey all from down under!

Guest kyle_douglas

Guest kyle_douglas

Hey all,thought I may as well sign up and say hi to everyone! ;)

Anyways. I have been into imports for a while now,started when i was maybe 14 or so and its just become more of a passion and interest for me since then.

My dad used to mention the name "supra" to me a while back and i didn't mean anything to me at the time. Things sure have changed since then!

So my 18th came and went,got my license and then finally my car which i was very wrapped about. After searching for a few months for the right car I picked an

Alpine Silver 1996 SZ-R.So it has the,V161 box,Torsen LSD and the Bilstein shocks. The reason for going N/A is because of the restrictions we have over here and that you cant drive cars with a turbo or supercharger. (unless its diesel)

Anyways,it gives me a few years to save for an engine swap and so on! I bought the car off another AU forum member so it was it rather good nick. Here are some of the things the car came with at the time.

: TRD wing.

: 18" speedy inferno black wheels.

: Pioneer head unit,clarion 12" sub,kenwood 1000 watt amp.

: Engine bay strut brace.

: 2.5" exhaust piping with a Super-Cat muffler.

: Tein springs.

: Stock wheels and tires.

: Stock exhaust.

: Stock wing.

: Stock springs.

Future mods include.

: LED dash/cluster conversion.

: TS vented bonnet.

: CCW Classics. 17" x 11.5" rear 18" x 10" front.

So yeah that pretty much all she has at the moment,i have an MVP lip which will be going on very soon so that'l be good,other than that im going to leave her mostly stock until I do the conversion.The future mods listed will hopefully be happening in the time i cant touch my engine bay.

Here are some pics! :)

Will be reading all the build threads and so on,always hungry to learn i guess.

Cheers guys!

Peace.

:)

Guest kyle_douglas
awesome looking car dude! Nice choice on a sz-r saves a bomb for a conversion.

Welcome to the club

Haha cheers and thanks man,it was there at the time,good price good condition so yeah,took the chance.

By the way,really like the minimal body work on yours,big fan of the simple stuff myself :)

The reason for going N/A is because of the restrictions we have over here and that you cant drive cars with a turbo or supercharger. (unless its diesel)

Surely that cannot be correct!? There are plenty of big power Sups in Aus...is the restriction limited to your province or age group or something!?

Welcome all the same. Nice clean looking car you have!:thumbs:

Guest kyle_douglas
Surely that cannot be correct!? There are plenty of big power Sups in Aus...is the restriction limited to your province or age group or something!?

Welcome all the same. Nice clean looking car you have!:thumbs:

Thanks for all the kind words guys! No matter where the supra community is,they are all the same,awesome people with awesome cars! :)

And unfortunately yes,its correct :/ We have to do 120 hours of driving before we can go for out license,even if you are over 18,you still have to do 120 and 10 of those have to be night hours. That's what the "P" on my car is for,next year i go get green "P's" (pardon the pun) They last for 2 years then im on my full license. But i never need to take a test again which is good! :) We just have states,no provinces or counties over here,heard plenty of Scotish history from my dad haha :p But the states vary slightly in rules. Im from Victoria and its gotta be the most tight ass unfortunately :/

And im from the east side of Melbourne,about 45 away from the CBD