The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engine compartment

SatSport

Hi all!

A first post from another newbie! (forgive my ignorance)

Was out this evening looking at what appeared to be a very nice met.silver jap import. Nosing under the bonnet i spotted the inner guards and the panel by the radiator had a sort of silver/grey matt finish, bit like primer. Now what i don`t know is whether this is normal, or should it not be the same as the exterior?

The words `accident` and `damage` loom large:confused:

But if so why would anyone leave it finished in primer??:conf:

Hope someone can shed some light..........

thanks

satsport

for an import yes this is 'Normal'

Its one of those dodgy looking things (similar to having (fake) leather rear seats and cloth fronts) that are in fact as they should be!

Re possible accident damage look carefully along the vertical sections of the inner wings and look for possible weld seams. Outer wings will be replaced in a front end'er the inner wings probably just made good.

hi satsport

its called an underbody colour

nearly all new cars these days are like this,

cost cutting in manufacture!

i think it looks cheap,im gona pull the engine on mine and do the engine bay properly,but then poeple will probably think its been done like that after an accident!but i think it will look soo much nicer

cheers baldy