The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Celica leather seat into the Supra

Shane

Around a year or so ago I bought a pair of leather Generation 7 seats from a guy on here and have finally got around to fitting them, well one of them so far to the car using the seat rails from Johnd's group buy.

Last time I removed the drivers seat from my car it took around five minutes, this time it took over 3 hours! The mechansim had jammed with the seat in the furthest back position and I was unable to get to the rear 3 bolts, that part of the job was a complete nightmare.

Once out I checked the rails fitted and have to say they are a perfect fit:

Once I was happy that they fitted I ground the original fixing lugs from the Celica seats and did a test fit and marked the rails up. Clamped the new rails to the seat:

And after a bit of very basic welding with my new £35 arc welder from Aldi:D:

It's in.

Had the old seat not been such a bitch to get out, it would have been an ok job and hopefully I will do the passenger side next weekend. Had to swap the seat belt retainer over too.

Take the front trim off the lower part of the seat. You will see a 14mm nut (might be 12) and a 10mm nut. Turn each one counter clockwise at the same time to move the seat equally forward. You need to make sure you do it equally so that it doesn' tighten up as the nut will then loosen off and you will need to screw it back in (PITA).

Have fun :)

b;3241981']Whats the sitting height like with them in dude? -They look pretty decent in the car. : )

Cheers, have gained about 40mm between the seat and the roof with the seat base wound down to it's lowest position. The Celica base sits slightly lower in it's frame than the Supra one does.

Looks good. I'm also liking the fact that the inside of the door frame is silver....
Yeah yeah I know, next year now before I get the chance to do a full respray, looks ok with the door shut though;)

Do you know you can wind the electric seat in manually? ;)
I did know that yes. But sadly the tunnel side had completely jammed up and wouldn't budge, the door side did and that bolt came out pretty easily as did the floor bolt on the tunnel side once I had removed the seatbase, but the one in the tunnel was a complete nightmare.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
Ive got a pair of subframes for sale that you can prob bolt pretty much any seat too.

Yeah saw them, would have saved me a whole lot of hassle, but mine are good using the rails from JohnDs group buy. The rails you have would suit the corbeau seat I have in for sale at the moment.

• 11 months later...
Thread revival time.....

Are the original mounting holes so far out that you need the seat rail adaptors?

They couldn't be more different in terms of angles and positions. I looked at all ways to try and gt them to fit but there was no chance.