The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Parking woes

Graham1984

Does anyone else on here find that no matter where or how empty a car park is someone always parks next to them for some reason??

I was playing snooker last night with my old man went back to the car and the whole car park was empty minus the one person that parked next to me about a foot and a half away (if that) from the drivers side door.... WTF

Lol I dont care if they park nearby but at least leave me room to get in my car ffs...... Even worse when they park that close is the likelihood of them dinging the car when the spanners get out. I had some old car just swing his door open at the garage the other day and if I didn't catch it that would of made a nice dent in mine.... even weirder was that he thought I was wrong for doing so.

Lol I dont care if they park nearby but at least leave me room to get in my car ffs...... Even worse when they park that close is the likelihood of them dinging the car when the spanners get out. I had some old car just swing his door open at the garage the other day and if I didn't catch it that would of made a nice dent in mine.... even weirder was that he thought I was wrong for doing so.

for what?? assaulting his car door? some ppl are so careless when it comes to it. ive become notorious at work for parking over 2 spaces in the corner of a busy retail park. usually with my mates/colleagues parked beside it protecting it. didnt stop some daft woman driving into my mates brand-new Seat Ibiza. it was just blind luck that we had just finished work and were walking to the cars as she done it, or she would have driven off. he was fuming but i was just glad it wasnt my pride and joy :D

Nothing like the sympathetic unlucky mate while being secretly happy for yourself! My mate parks over 2 spaces in his evo which I always thought was cheeky but now I am firmly in agreement with him.... I cringe when I come back and see the car next to mine is scratched and dented as it does not give you much hope they are carefull... I consider a dent as a near write off until it is fixed, sad but true

A few months ago I parked in a pay and display car park for an hour or so, and on return to my car, I saw there was a Celica parked next to it. As I got nearer, I realised they were parked unbelievably close to me, so close in fact that I couldn't even stand between my driver's side and their passenger side.

For the inconsiderate parking and because I saw a tiny mark on my driver's door (couldn't have been them as there's no way a passenger would have got out), and for making me climb across from the passenger side (which, if I were old or had an injury/disability, I wouldn't have been able to), I left them a nice big mark on the rear quarter panel.

Hopefully they won't pull that stunt again.

Always remember going to the pub one Sunday evening with my Ex Mrs in her Sierra Cosworth. Parked on the local Tesco car park over the road from the pub. There was a gang of kids pushing each other round in trollies over the other side of the car park. I convinced her not to worry, they were miles away and would get nowhere near her car. Obviously an hour or so later when we departed the pub, the trollies were surrounding her car. Fuming was not the word!! I agree with the parking over 2 spaces bit, I used to think it was cheeky, but then I'd rather not get the Supra scratched or dented, not now I've just had it resprayed anyway!!