The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Couple on items of interest - maybe

Tee from China

Just looking at Twins Turbo Motorsport Engineering and found a couple of items which may be of interest.

First up a larger master cylinder for those using an after market clutch

http://www.twinsturbo.com/component/page,shop.product_details/flypage,shop.flypage/product_id,118/category_id,1/manufacturer_id,0/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,8/

And for those changing coil packs a useful addition maybe

http://www.twinsturbo.com/component/page,shop.product_details/flypage,shop.flypage/product_id,17/category_id,1/manufacturer_id,0/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,8/

Good find on the larger bore master cylinder and adaptor plate. Could be the answer for a lot of people with clutches that only disengage with the pedal mashed into the carpet. Thanks for sharing that.

Well off topic, do you read Chinese? I have ordered some stuff off Ebay that i thought was coming from the USA, but it now seems it's coming from China and taking forever. The vendor sent me a link to a tracking site, but the site is in Chinese. what flavour of Chinese I don't know...

This is the mail I received from the seller:

No code has to be inserted here.

Yes, simple hydraulic ratio change, you are moving the load (slave cylinder piston) further with a given pedal stroke, so more effort required. It won't be a mega change though, going from 5/8 bore to 3/4 bore. Noticeable, but not major. You *MAY* need some form of pedal stop to stop over stroking the clutch release diaphragm, care will be needed. I can advise, I do this sort of thing all the time.

It may be possible to adapt the servo off a Skyline GTR clutch, and it would certainly be possible to use a remote servo. I have made really heavy race clutches so light you cam press the pedal with one finger. Are you a man or a mouse? :) I thought all you Jocks were that `ard, and all that? ;)

The weight at the moment doesn't bother me, I'm also all set for a heavier pedal when I upgrade. What I don't see the need for is a heavier pedal when it isn't necessary.

Obviously if I can't get it changing without putting my foot through the floor I'll look at it but most people seem to manage :)

Good find on the larger bore master cylinder and adaptor plate. Could be the answer for a lot of people with clutches that only disengage with the pedal mashed into the carpet. Thanks for sharing that.

Well off topic, do you read Chinese? I have ordered some stuff off Ebay that i thought was coming from the USA, but it now seems it's coming from China and taking forever. The vendor sent me a link to a tracking site, but the site is in Chinese. what flavour of Chinese I don't know...

This is the mail I received from the seller:

No code has to be inserted here.

Hi Chris just went to that link and tried checking but all I got was please try later. If you can send me the Chinese you got via pm and I can get a college to translate it for you Regards Tee