The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Exhaust dilemma...

Style

So my exhaust has been blowing recently and has slowly developed into more of a hole than anything :(

Got the car jacked up this morning to try and see where it was blowing and noticed that one of the silencer boxes had rotten away where it meets the pipe. Other areas of the exhaust looked pretty rotten too but was still intact. Now the exhaust splits into 2 sections halfway down the car before merging back to one again and out the back of the car. The Blitz logo on the tip gave me somewhere to start as I dont know exactly what type of exhaust it is. After a bit of research I've come to the conclusion that it's a Blitz Realize TT system.

Now the only part of the system I need to replace is one of the sections where it breaks off into 2, (Right hand pipe in the pic below) but research shows that these exhausts are like gold dust in these parts and only avaliable in Japan :(

b62c1ti6.jpg

(This is the TT-R version, same thing but Stainless Steel)

So it looks like a whole new system is gonna be the end result of this misfortune unless I can somehow source this needed section.

Any ideas about what I can do? Would a whole new system be the wise option?

EDIT: Looking at that picture, do cat back exhausts start nearly halfway down the car after that sort of protective covers? May make things easier.

Many thanks.

You should be able to get that one section made by a custom exhaust maker.

It's possible you might need to replace both sides to keep the flow balanced though

You will be able to get that fabricated somewhere mate, any powerflow type custom exhaust places near you? Either that or buy a new system if you fancy one.

That option did cross my mind, there's a Powerflow in Glenrothes which isn't far from me and I've been to them before so I know they're good. May give them a ring tomorrow :)

I would just get a whole new system mate - less hassle and you know its good!

Whifbitz Ti 3" Single Box would be a good choice if you have the spare pennies.

A whole new system is definitely appealing looking at the state of the rest of the exhaust. It's a mild steel system on it just now so an upgrade may be the sensible option at this moment in time.

Any idea what prices are like for a Whifbitz system are? Suppose I could PM Paul for a few prices and weigh up my options.

The one I mentioned is Titanium mate, so wont be cheap. There is plenty of good stainless exhausts for the Sup though...my advice would be to get a list of the ones you like the look of and listen to them on youtube to see which you like best!;)

Find the "show us your exhaust" thread and have a listen to them all, then decide :)

The one I mentioned is Titanium mate, so wont be cheap. There is plenty of good stainless exhausts for the Sup though...my advice would be to get a list of the ones you like the look of and listen to them on youtube to see which you like best!;)

Ah gotcha now, cheers mate :thumbs: Stainless replacement looks to be the wisest choice then with all factors taken into consideration. I'll have a look through some videos online :)

My mates got a Japspeed system on his GT4 that sounds good and they seem quite cheap online: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Japspeed-Toyota-Supra-JZA80-NA-2JZ-GE-Catback-Exhaust-/140588531264?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20bbbabe40#ht_2413wt_1110

Anyone shed any light on what these are like? Cant really find anything on youtube for them.

Here you go, all the exhaust I sell are on here http://whifbitzperformancetuning.co.uk/toyota-supra-supra-exhausts-decats-exhausts-c-42_47_870_871.html I very rarely sell Blitz or HKS these days, my own exhausts are by far the most popular right now.

Any questions just ask.

Thanks Paul, I'll start totting up prices and see what my options are :)

JUst been to simons custom exhausts in eastkilbride, 3" stainless cat back two box system £320 not too loud and good work

http://www.simonscustomexhausts.co.uk/

good guy dropped car off a 9 and was on the road again just after 4; looks and sounds good without being too noisy in cabin and don't hear a thing at cruising speeds

Sounds like a good place to go. I'll give him a phone tomorrow and see how prices compare to Powerflow.

Thanks for all the help lads :thumbs:

Sounds like a good place to go. I'll give him a phone tomorrow and see how prices compare to Powerflow.

Thanks for all the help lads :thumbs:

I've had a powerflow exhaust and it wasn't very good. The baffles (the actual powerflow part) were nowhere near as good as what I have seen by other custom fabricators.

I would go with a single box from simons.

I've had a powerflow exhaust and it wasn't very good. The baffles (the actual powerflow part) were nowhere near as good as what I have seen by other custom fabricators.

I would go with a single box from simons.

Thanks for the heads up Scott, was this on your Supra? Looking like simons is my best option. Although I guess I could replace it myself and go down that route.

Thanks for the heads up Scott, was this on your Supra? Looking like simons is my best option. Although I guess I could replace it myself and go down that route.

No, it was on my vectra many moons back. I got it done in drivers. The work by the guy there was 1st class, but the backboxes weren't as good as the ones my mate had.

The Simons exhaust was a custom made silencer for a BMW 3 series to make it look like an M3.

No, it was on my vectra many moons back. I got it done in drivers. The work by the guy there was 1st class, but the backboxes weren't as good as the ones my mate had.

The Simons exhaust was a custom made silencer for a BMW 3 series to make it look like an M3.

Suppose it doesnt matter what car its on, standards are gonna be the same anyways. Cheers again for the help, maybe worth saving a little for a better system while it needs done.

I noticed them when I was browsing but kinda ignored them because they were so cheap, thought maybe they never fitted very well or something. Maybe worth a bash afterall if they are so cheap and get the nod of approval! :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CUSTOM-BUILT-POWERFLOW-EXHAUST-MK4-TOYOTA-SUPRA-1993-1998-NON-TURBO-/160674611430?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2568f400e6#ht_1354wt_1110

Aaaaaand speak of the devil....