The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1200 bhp Supra trying to break out of the dyno.

JamieP

Went over to see Ryan today and play in the cars, while there i thought id try my luck at a dyno run, no chance in getting a clean run sadly.

Ryan turned the boost down to 2 bar and took some boost out of the mid range in an attempt to get some traction, it didnt work out though, power was looking good till it broke free, it was making 850bhp at 6200rpm (rpm limit is 8500) on low boost but then kept breaking free.

Don't know what else to put but :shock:

Was that climbing a block or pullin a wheelie on a dyno??

It has blocks in front of the front whells its climbing up on.

Ill take it the rollers are smooth no grooves in them , that can some times help , but at your sort of power im sure it would have broken traction anyway , i have seen a good run on this sort of dyno with grooves , but that was a skyline 2wd making 897 ps with 799 nm of torque .

Rich.

It has grooves, it will hold my car at very low boost, made 915bhp at 1.5bar when i was running the engine in.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)