The mkiv Supra Owners Club

crashed last night

Suprakeith

Alrite chaps just thought would post up some pics of my crashed supra, i was just driving normal just coming off a big roundabout onto sliproad and lost the back end,i dont knw how as was only going 35mph'ish believe must of hit patch of oil and grease on road as mate behind in his skyline also lost control without warning but managed to save his. Am well gutted and annoyed just hoping she not a write off

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What did you hit? This is almost identical damage locations to mine when I bought it from Keron as a catc write off. Mine was a little heavier with the front bumper broke, headlight smashed, splitter smashed and the back end damage was possibly over a slightly greater area, but have never been sure how much area was accident damage and how much was the terrible job someone had made of trying to bash the damage out on mine.

But, I wouldnt despair too much, yours like mine looks a pretty easy fix and as the bumper or headlight is not smashed I would try and hold out going through the insurance if no-one else was involved, once the write off marker is on there, its on for good. Didnt worry me as I will keep mine for as long as poss, but can become an issue when moving the car on.

What are your back tyres like, and what type are they?

All that really matters is that apart from your pride and confidence (as well as potentially your wallet) taking a hit, that you are OK and no-one was hurt.

What makes you think they would write her off then?

And back tyres are fine brand new as just fitted them wheels to car the day before and she was fine on um

the ins co will want to replace the qtr panel and front wing etc, adding the paint and labour into this too, it would be a fair amount....also age related etc...as its a na, they would value it 1.5k-3k and the repair bill from a ins approved or toyota workshop would cost upto 2k poss?

ive had cars in with key scratches....ins co wrote them off! (down 2 sides)

you could ask them to come and and assess the car, see what they think? or take it to a few bodyshops to get quotes...if you get it done yourself, you could prob get it done for less than £500...replace the wing, repair the qtr panel

Is your geo set up ok?

Sorry to see this :(

What brand are the tyres? I had a similar incident a few years ago in my 350Z, new wheels but with budget "Kenda Square death" tyres....

Sorry to see the car is damaged, but as others have said, it could have been worse. Hope you get it sorted!

What makes you think they would write her off then?

And back tyres are fine brand new as just fitted them wheels to car the day before and she was fine on um

Keith, what type did you have fitted, and how many miles have you put on them? It may not seem that relevant as you had loads of tread on your new tyres, but I believe the tyre type on the back end of a Supra is critical. Also some harder compound tyres need a few laps on them before they start to grip to a sensible level. If you can possibly afford it, I wouldnt even pick the phone up and tell your insurance company, unless you have a very low excess or someone else is involved and making a claim.

A good bodyshop could bash that rear panel out I recon. The front one Is just a replacement job. 40 quid. Silver are easy to get.

Mine had a bumper, both wings. Bonnet repaired and painted. And crashbar and slam panel fitted. And rear quarter painted and a door too all came to a grand. Don't despair. Easy fix if you have the cash and a good bodyshop :)

You have to be very carefully with brand new rear tyres. I had some fitted and drove home in the damp. Couldn't use the 1st turbo or they just span! Even at slow speeds. Pulling out at junctions was a nightmare. I guess it was the release compound still on them. They were utterly useless till I found somewhere quiet to do a few burnouts. Fine after that :) Toyo tr1s so good rubber.

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

Get the car over to me and we'll fix that, repair the rear quarter panel and fit a new wing.

Is the suspension ok as it looks like the front wheel has some marks on it.

I'd say youd be sorted for under £500 all in and probably a chunk less if no other damage is found

Also if your tyres were brand new you should put a few miles on them to scrub the surface or

they can be seriously slippy in the wet, even a good brand let alone a cheap one.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

the tyres have had around 200 miles on them before crash and the grip seemed fine she stuck to the road,so am sure it wasnt tyres fault at all. have rang insurance company and they being very good they sending out someone to do a quote and if its not much they said they wont put the claim in so can repair it myself plus have a mate in local car club that works in bodyshop and he coming round in bit to see damage. have already got new headlights at mates if need um am i believe the rear quarter can be repaired rather than repalced, two of my new wheels where also damaged so have put old wheels back on just incase and the tyre make on my new wheels was bridgestone runflats same as got on standard wheels as find them tyres to be very good. have gone under the car and checked and everything in fine no creased metal or cracks so really hoping it not to much as just bit of body work

Get the car over to me and we'll fix that, repair the rear quarter panel and fit a new wing.

Is the suspension ok as it looks like the front wheel has some marks on it.

I'd say youd be sorted for under £500 all in and probably a chunk less if no other damage is found

Also if your tyres were brand new you should put a few miles on them to scrub the surface or

they can be seriously slippy in the wet, even a good brand let alone a cheap one.

Thanx mate will sea what insurance company say 1st as rang them last night and if you think you can repair for around 500 that would be great help to me as dont want to have her written off as knw she just a n/a but she still is my pride and joy

Thats not to bad at all really for toyota parts,and could just get second hand bumper they it just labour cost on top,headlights arent problem at all mate got set 30miles from me that can have,just had bodyshop ring me they heading out in bit too have look will see what they say 1st and if no good would see bout getting it fixed myself

Keith, that damage isnt too bad! Mine was worse than that. Dont worry too much we will get her back to normal pretty quickly, especially with all the clubs resources at hand. :)

Thanx mate really do want her sorted asap,keep hold of them lights for me please alex, got insurance company bloke coming to look at damaged and my mate luke this who runs body shop coming this afternoon, if insurance company say they will fix her i will let as at least that way it done quick and get car to use for work

Had the same kind od damage to my old one, jigged the rear quater and new wing. Body was fine..... Was just the suspension damage that hit my pocket !

Thats good to knw in way mate have checked suspension and surrounding area and all looks fine,think my bc coilovers took the hit without any damaged as they arent too cheap

Your bodyshop mate should be able to fix this easy peasy Keith, if the insurance do it wont you get

your ncb clobbered and get clobbered for 5 years of having to declare a claim ?

It could be lots cheaper to get you bodyshop mate to sort it.