The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fibreglass to Carbon Fibre?

James

Hello folks :)

Is there anyone on the forum (or that someone knows) that could make a carbon fibre version of something if provided with the original item (make a mould etc.)?

I have found something that I'd love to have but have always been after it in carbon instead of just fibreglass! :)

there was a place on ebay that did carbon copies of stuff. and it did state that they could replicate anything on carbon. cant remember there name though. thats where i got my carbon gauge holder. might be worth having a good search on ebay.

noel at nur motorsport is your best bet

That is a good call actually Mitchell! Is Noel on here as a member that I could contact him or just contactable externally?

there was a place on ebay that did carbon copies of stuff. and it did state that they could replicate anything on carbon. cant remember there name though. thats where i got my carbon gauge holder. might be worth having a good search on ebay.

I'll maybe have a trawl through eBay to see if I can find places like that, might have to!

What's the part!?:confused:

http://www.sp-power.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/dsc_00971.jpg

;)

noel at nur motorsport is your best bet

+1. Carbon fibre i believe needs to be heated to be cured properly.

Anyone with any fibreglass skills can have a go at this, but if you want top notch quality go to some pro's.

I've been considering trying my hand at some CF stuff for a while, but for my own benifit and for fun. Quality comes with a price, but pay for quality and only pay once!