The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Monkey's Madness

MONKEYmark

Think i must be mad taking on a shell build up with very little skills.It was a bit of a nightmare getting shell home on flatbed truck.Was even worse getting it off with no rear wheels.I bought 2 sets of rear hubs some rear shocks rear top mounts and rear upper arms and a set of UK springs.The hubs and driveshafts did not come in time.So the back end is resting on some pallets.will get the car on axel stands soon.

The orange shell came with some interior panels and dash but not worth putting in car.It will be used just off road so no problems with bare interior.the heater matrix was in car but wont be fitting it back in the car.

the orange shell did not look as good as the pics on ebay had damaged skirts and a few chips in paint also noticed when i got home other bits needed sorting.dont know if i took too much work on as loom looks a nightmare.also needs passenger window fitting.but suppose its an ex racing shell with 8.5 second cage.Think the sideskirts could be fixed but never liked sideskirts as it makes it akward for working on car.prefer stock looking car.want to take things off car that i dont need for drag racing.

Have also got my facelift car with front end damage, thinking of trying to see about getting that sorted out too.needs 2 front wings front bumper radiator and intercooler and a lot of work as its been stood about 5 years.brake discs were rusted but freed them up and got it down to my house.Have got some front wings sorted and not sure if bonnet is ok.also needs cross member sorting and upper supports around lights.

The passenger side leg was filled in with filler from a garage down south.just be happy to get silver car up and running and go from there and collect more parts for orange shell.

think i have taken on more than i can handle but i will give it a try as have bought it now.

my supras a.jpg

orange drag shell 001a.jpg

orange drag shell 002a.jpg

orange drag shell 003a.jpg

orange drag shell 004a.jpg

going to take time to try sort 2 cars.seems a shame to take apart the silver one when it needs front end sorting.not sure where to start but if i get it on axel stands than can start doing things when i have time and funds.the orange one is more a blank canvas.need to try find out what all plugs and connectors are for.

the heater matrix is quite a bit of weight to it.also want to use as little as possible.what sort of things could i delete.it has no stock fuel tank just an alloy box to house a fuel cell.would you run braided lines inside car and go through bulkhead or do you have to run under car.not had a chance to have a good play on it with working and rain today.

will have a look at all interior trim and strip out.it has a cloth grey roof lining 3 door cards and center console.

far from mint when you get close up but was ex racing shell.got told leon got car from a year old and has a few mot's

1999 28100 miles

2000 32000 miles

2001 33871 miles

2002 35362 miles

2004 37004 miles

on passenger side footwell it has an alloy plate screwd to tunnel and has all sound proofing on floor.just need to find out what can be removed things like abs or any other items.there is no rear middle brake led light but have a spare one on a spare tailgate.would like to have rear wiper removed and ariel hole and petrol cap hole filled and smoothed maybe smooth off the rear middle brake light

hi michel and michael not seen you guys in years.went off supra and bought house and out of sight out of mind.chat to lee now and then not seen him in a while.did you see the skyline he had built was the first rb30 built by rob at R.I.P.S. was a work of art and 800hp.not sure what he up to now.think he was on about hyabusa kit car.

Mark, if you need an extra set of hands at any point I might be available, I've no idea what I'm doing but don't mind mucking in ;)
that makes 2 of us lol.only done small jobs like fitting fmic starter motors brakes and fitted some gauges.just need to have some ideas what i can do.suppose if you just take your time with things you will learn along the way.will need to start collecting more parts and get a workshop built in garage with drill stand and vice and grinders and polishers.looking forward to getting started.waiting on 2 sets of rear hubs and a spare set of driveshafts and also buying some PHR solid engine mounts.

• 3 weeks later...

not been doing anything on car been too wet.my PHR solid engine mounts have arrived got at a great price for £85 deliverd.just on with collecting parts still.going to clean suspension parts and paint to freshen up and see what i can do with the hubs as they look like they need some sorting out

PHR solid engine mounts 01.jpg