The mkiv Supra Owners Club

do-luck bonnet HELL

Rob_Mitchell

Well had the bonnet repaired by baldy and i thought i would try to fit it today.............. No chance

the sides are sitting too hi and it feels like its rocking on something. I have taken the radiator out as i thought the neck might be holding it up, i have taken the engine hooks off and engine cap. Still the bloody same, im that annoyed i feel like throwing the towel in on the whole build, silly i know but really pissed off as the bonnet owes me a small fortune on the purchase and the repair work.

cant be the turbo housing surely? give up!

The way things are going i might sell it cheap as i have lost the patience...

Edited by Rob_Mitchell (see edit history)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seriously doing my head in james and ou can hear it touching something but i cant work it out. I know for a fact it was touching the neck on the rad and i dont mind cutting a trimming a genuine item if i know for fact its going to cure it. Just so peed because its like £2000 of work and bonnet and it dont bloody fit

Seriously doing my head in james and ou can hear it touching something but i cant work it out. I know for a fact it was touching the neck on the rad and i dont mind cutting a trimming a genuine item if i know for fact its going to cure it. Just so peed because its like £2000 of work and bonnet and it dont bloody fit

I had a figure of half that in my head! :blink:

Hope you can sort it easily mate.

can you not find the high point by seeing where it rocks, ie more one side then the other then you will know what side is high the lift up the other side slightly and peer in with a tourch, or take a pic with a phone from the back rased part, these are just ideas hard to tell what would work unless you was there

I wish i did. The paint for my car is ridiculous too.

removed.

Seriously think its the turbo but if it is that dont make sense as chingy's and waynes were bigger than mine.

Also if it is, surely it'd be higher up and pivoting on the driver's side.

Nightmare :(

can you not find the high point by seeing where it rocks, ie more one side then the other then you will know what side is high the lift up the other side slightly and peer in with a tourch, or take a pic with a phone from the back rased part, these are just ideas hard to tell what would work unless you was there

Been doing that all day mate. It was 100% on the rad neck but im not worried about that. its touching somewhere in the centre of the bonnet where the vent system is, not the oil cap.

Im now thinking if it would be a bent or out of shape hinge? lost for ideas really. If it is the turbo i will put a knife to the bonnet but i dont want to make any cuts till im sure it will bring the sides down

Might sound stupid, but could you put small balls of bluetak (or something similar) around any of the places you suspect or any high points in the bay, close the bonnet as best you can and see which of those balls have been squashed or even transfered to the bonnet once its lifted. Might sound daft, just trying to think of anything to pin point it.

ps, definetly sounds like its time for a kit kat, chill mate, you'll suss it :)